• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>>>THROTTLE DECISSIONS<<< FREE Avalanche Safety Training Course

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Hats off to these guys and everyone who helps keep our sport as safe as possible! :clap2: The more you watch, practice and talk about it with your riding group, the more naturally you will be able to react under all circumstances.

Always have a plan, and use your resources. Avy forecasting sites and aps, THESE AWESOME VIDEOS and all the appropriate gear! :thumb:

Habit is everything. I wear my beacon, carry my shovel and probe on every ride, even a road ride. If nothing else it is just a part of my routine.

Let's do everything we can to ride again tomorrow! Be safe and ride hard!

Keep dancing and bring MORE MORE MORE snow! :smow:

DanoXRS

King Ding-aLing
Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
This is awesome information even for the guys that normally ride flatland. Just because you're a flatlander doesn't mean that someday you won't be out west riding with our SnoWest brothers and sisters. Know before you go!!!

You don't necessarily have to be in the mountains out west!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR-GH9_hS98

This happened on a relatively small hill...compared to what we generally ride in the West!

Dano. :face-icon-small-coo

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Thanks!

Thanks for getting this out there! I only had a chance to watch the first 10 min of the first segment, very well done & nice to see its more like a sled video..... I have helped to get a yearly Avy class started in Central Wisconsin ( don't laugh we have 30+ people a year take the class & It did help save a fellow sledder from an Avy a season ago) so anything we can do is great in my book! Thanks, Thanks, Thanks.....

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
I watched the first 28 minute segment last night. If that doesn't get your heart pounding and your mind racing then you need to seriously reconsider your habits... It definitely hit home for me. I sure hope everyone who watches this introduction will begin to take avalanche safety more seriously.

B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
Looks like it should be some good info.
Hopefully the ones that really need it take the time to watch them.

got the first five down. will come back and finish tomorrow.

greatly appreciated... and yes, I am one of those that really need it.
1 yr out, 1 yr off, 2nd year out coming... never had the right gear or a clue.
guess I know what I'm asking the lil' lady for this Christmas... the holy trinity: tracker, (better) shovel and a probe.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
got the first five down. will come back and finish tomorrow.

greatly appreciated... and yes, I am one of those that really need it.
1 yr out, 1 yr off, 2nd year out coming... never had the right gear or a clue.
guess I know what I'm asking the lil' lady for this Christmas... the holy trinity: tracker, (better) shovel and a probe.

Very Cool.
Really happy to hear you enjoyed this!

Get the trinity, then add on an avalanche bag as soon as you can afford it.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Glad to hear guys are watching these! They're pretty good & keep you engaged. They actually pack a lot of info into the vids, so some may be good to watch several times or you may miss some key concepts. Keep in mind too, these are fairly quick introductions of important topics, they are not in depth educations. So don't stop here, take a course (ok I admit I never did this, but it would have been the fast track to learning what I know now), read a book (highly recommend "Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain" by Bruce Temper), get out there and dig some pits with guys that know what to look for. Ask a **** ton of questions. Like stated in the video, you can always know more!

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PoPoFusion

Sep 16, 2012
central michigan
Awesome info!

I'll probably never get to ride in that sort of terrain, but it sure is enlightening to know what those that do are facing when they are just
out having a good time.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Watched all of them and this is great stuff. I will probably watch a few more time to refresh. Please share with everyone in your group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
got through them all. outstanding information to have.
I had planned to take a course this year anyway... but this was great primer and from the comfort of my own home.

THANK YOU to everyone involved, from the makers to the forum.

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
Those of you that have watched the series need to seriously encourage your riding group to watch it also. Even if your group has all taken an avy course, these are great refreshers no matter what your skill level.

Premium Features