• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1997 Powder Extreme, Opinions Please

I bought one last month for $500.00. it was worth prolly twice that. they run pretty hard for a 600, but they need to to haul around a 620lb chassis. the hood reminds me of the top I had on my old bronco. overall for a cheap ride they are ok. stators are notorius for puking, the carbs freeze in the really cold temps, the throttle sensor needs to be jumperd to work ok......that is the bad. they ride ok, but you really can't find a worse sled to get unstuck.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
I remember snow-checking my 97 Chowder Supreme... thought it was going to be the answer to the S chassis Summits and MXZ (longtracked) doo's my buddies were snapping up..
Alas, the old Powder Excretion was about 50 or 60 lbs heavier than advertised... In hindsight should have left the sled there and forfeited my $300.00... woulda been further ahead at the end of the year lol...
Only good side, I thought (and still do) it was one of the better looking sleds made...

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Snow checked one back in the day... should have left it at the dealer like others have said. Way heavy and had all sorts of issues. Got ride of the altitude comp first thing, put fox shocks on it, better skis, disconnected the throttle position sensors and all sorts of suspension changes. Sled did well on the trails, but off trail it was a dog.

I wouldn't even consider looking at one now. I see people riding them from time to time and it's a reflection of how I must have looked when I was riding them... miserable.:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features