• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

We need a "Mountain Sledding Extreme" video game ...

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
gotta do something on the weekdays when you can't ride :)

I think this would be an awsome game were somone to make it :)

Wonder how we convince a game publisher of this :)

C
Nov 28, 2007
MT/DC
do you think people would like it more if it was just insane unrealistic madness? like everest hillclimbs, triple backflips off 300 footers...or a realistic one where you started with an old beater sled and made money through competitions to mod your sled and eventully end up with totally custom turbo riding out your days in revelstoke?:D

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
do you think people would like it more if it was just insane unrealistic madness? like everest hillclimbs, triple backflips off 300 footers...or a realistic one where you started with an old beater sled and made money through competitions to mod your sled and eventully end up with totally custom turbo riding out your days in revelstoke?:D

Arcade "freestyle" mode and "simulation" hill-climb and/or rally mode ;)

C
Nov 28, 2007
MT/DC
rather choose from an assortment of stock sleds? or mod your one? and were talking like xbox 360 right? or arcade style with quarters and joysticks?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
rather choose from an assortment of stock sleds? or mod your one? and were talking like xbox 360 right? or arcade style with quarters and joysticks?

Yes I mean for PS3/XB360, but when I say "arcade-style freestyle gameplay" I mean you could do a freestyle backflip-off-300-foot-cliff thing that would be played similarly to how you would play Tony Hawk's Pro Skater or something ....

Then, for the other part of the game, you would have a "simulation" type play-scenerio where you would start out with stock sleds and do competitions, hillclimb, snowcross, or possibly rally (think poker-run boondocking type stuff) and earn money to mod them up, etc. Sorta like Grand Turismo but for sleds ...

And, you could switch it to "expert" mode and have to do real engineering-like clutch tuning so the game could also be a clutch tuning/dyno simulator you could learn how to tune clutches with hahahaha ;)

C
Nov 28, 2007
MT/DC
Yes I mean for PS3/XB360, but when I say "arcade-style freestyle gameplay" I mean you could do a freestyle backflip-off-300-foot-cliff thing that would be played similarly to how you would play Tony Hawk's Pro Skater or something ....

Then, for the other part of the game, you would have a "simulation" type play-scenerio where you would start out with stock sleds and do competitions, hillclimb, snowcross, or possibly rally (think poker-run boondocking type stuff) and earn money to mod them up, etc. Sorta like Grand Turismo but for sleds ...

And, you could switch it to "expert" mode and have to do real engineering-like clutch tuning so the game could also be a clutch tuning/dyno simulator you could learn how to tune clutches with hahahaha ;)

yeah thatd make sense, i would personally prefer the play-scenerio version. and the expert version would be really fun, adjusting your clutching and jetting and all that fun stuff. with that style, would probably see alot more kids with thier sleds tuned to perfection!:D

one thing ive always debated with my buddies in career type games is health. so your competing in a hillclimb, and you take a nasty fall. do you have personal health? sled damage? or can you just get it at the bottom and try your luck at the next one?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
yeah thatd make sense, i would personally prefer the play-scenerio version. and the expert version would be really fun, adjusting your clutching and jetting and all that fun stuff. with that style, would probably see alot more kids with thier sleds tuned to perfection!:D

one thing ive always debated with my buddies in career type games is health. so your competing in a hillclimb, and you take a nasty fall. do you have personal health? sled damage? or can you just get it at the bottom and try your luck at the next one?

Well, for a game like this, I think "personal health" is getting way too "Madden" IMO ... IE, that'd just be adding other dimensions to the game that are completley useless and retarded (Madden franchise mode anyone?) ... the sled damage yeah, I mean you would definatley have to ahve wrecking your sled (and subsequent salvage) as part of the simulation though :)

I
Nov 26, 2007
what's that moto x game for ps2? I want that with better graphics, sleds, and snow.

That game had 2 modes, motocross racing and freestyle. I always played freestyle where you could cruise around huge levels picking your own lines off anything, not realistic air, but still fun. I would play a hill climb game too, but would love to be able to boondock through a mountain range, climbing what I can, jumping the smaller stuff and dodging trees. I don't care much about modding sleds (in a game) but give a couple options (short track/long track/etc) and make the changes noticeable.

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
I think that would be awesome. Specially if it helped you learn how to tune yours sleds. I would buy it!

R

RmkMtnRider

Nov 26, 2007
Boise Idaho
The only problem with all of this, is that in snowmobiling when ur carving you have to lean and stuff. Lets say your on a trail and goin along turning wit ur joystick but then u get off. How do u carv ea turn, cuz that would be gay if they just turned. Or if everytime you turned then it would carve and wat happens if u get on a trail??
haha

Premium Features