• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim Jetforce Airbag

N

nfinit100

Oct 1, 2015
Northern CO
i think the idea is outstanding and I like the ability to do test scenarios. Really there are a lot of things to like. But i also prefer a stored energy vs. turbo fans until proven reliable. Had considered one of the Black Diamond packs last year. Cost and feature inhibited. Then I saw this:

http://www.jetforcerecall.com/JetforceRecall/Landing

I think they are right on the verge of being a great replacement. But i will probably wait a year or two on the technology still.

gr8skidoo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
MAPLE VALLEY WA.
WWW.I-90MOTORSPORTS.COM
I-90 Motorsports

Not sure where you guys are but if you want to stop by check out the KLIM version and blow it off a few times... We did a snow show here in Washington and blew a Klim pack off at east 10 times in one day with no issues.... We had it hooked to a charger in its down time. But they work great so far and we are happy to let people test them out... stop by next thursday and see for your selves and test one out!
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
C
Apr 28, 2008
spokane wa
misleading thread name "klim jetforce airbag" for a second there I almost got pissed that klim bought into the jetforce, but they just selling the pieps jetforce, I hate klim but I want to get the pieps jetforce tour rider 24

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Black Diamond

I have been looking at this pack as something of interest. I think it is quite an innovative product., from the aspect of multiple deployments.

Myself and the group of others I ride with were planning to replace our Snowpulse packs, total was 8 new bags, after trying on multiple different packs, from different manufacturers we decided to keep our existing packs.

This Backpack shows a lot of promise.

The parent company "Black Diamond" is the problem.

With the way things seem to be headed, within our society, We are making a point and holding each other accountable. We are just not going to support products that are made or associated with companies that are anti snowmobile.

I understand people not wanting one type of recreation or another, "Black Diamond" is one of the companies that you need to research before giving them money.

C
Apr 28, 2008
spokane wa
I have been looking at this pack as something of interest. I think it is quite an innovative product., from the aspect of multiple deployments.

Myself and the group of others I ride with were planning to replace our Snowpulse packs, total was 8 new bags, after trying on multiple different packs, from different manufacturers we decided to keep our existing packs.

This Backpack shows a lot of promise.

The parent company "Black Diamond" is the problem.

With the way things seem to be headed, within our society, We are making a point and holding each other accountable. We are just not going to support products that are made or associated with companies that are anti snowmobile.

I understand people not wanting one type of recreation or another, "Black Diamond" is one of the companies that you need to research before giving them money.
this is the exact reason I dont have a black diamond jetforce, it intrigued me from the second I saw a video a few years back it wasn't even English but I liked what I saw, but don't like the company behind it, I will be purchasing the pieps version as I feel that this is the pack for me, I know pieps merged with BD a few years back but it still is a stand alone company that is snowmobile friendly, last year pieps partnered with KLIM, so I feel good about spending my money with pieps, have been running their beacons for years now.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Don't forget this airbag pack that was designed for snowmobilers by snowmobilers. Full protection, transceiver pocket, routing for BC Link radio, pack and airbag all in one for $975 retail (includes canister). Extra canister is $175.

picture.php

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Dudes, when you spend your benjamins with a co. like Black Diamond, which actively supports a long list of eco-nazis, you are funding our own demise - land closure. You might like the design of the bag, but don't fall for the rationalization - these co.s and their leaders want YOU OFF THE MOUNTAIN, EVERY MOUNTAIN, and they'll do it while TAKING YOUR MONEY and laughing at you for your ignorance.

This is right off the BD equipment web site - there's more, but what more do you want...

"Led by CEO and founder Peter Metcalf, Black Diamond has become a globally recognized voice for conservation and preservation ethics, particularly in Utah, where Black Diamond's global headquarters sit at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains. Metcalf believes that wilderness should be protected and valued, rather than exploited and abused by motorized groups,..."

They're not talking about designated wilderness, either, just everywhere we ride now. There are other great avy-bag options for peeps who don't support the fascists trying to kill sledding. Be smart out there with your monies and support...

I'm calling KLIM, and Polaris, out on this one, too. What are you thinking of, don't you do ANY research on your business partners? In 10 minutes, you can dig through who and what these guys are, and their stated support for the conservation terrorists, their support for federal control of state land, and their support for expanding designated wilderness, and ceasing transfers of existing designated wilderness to shared access. BD wants powersports dead. Period. This is what happens when big business hooks up with big business - we lose.

Last edited:

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
The guy who started Black Diamond was also the founder of Patagonia. He crashed the predecessor company of BD into C11 bankruptcy, and then that former management group flew it out as Black Diamond, eventually bought Peips, etc. I say this because - if you had any doubts about BD's leader's roots, and know the climbing industry, the picture should be as clear as a bluebird day now. These are no friends to powersports. Forums serve a purpose - get the word out - there are other great products out there that actually participate in and support powersports with time and $$$.

I can come up with a few ideas why Klim/poo are doinking around with BD, but none of them are good. Maybe someone around here has already asked them "wwwwhy???" Got this picture of Homer Simpson in my head right now wearing a Klim jersey - duh!

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Just FYI, K2 owns BCA.... And from what I've been told, K2 donates more money towards getting motorized shut down than BD.

I've talked with Klim about this. They want to offer the best technology there is to sledders. It just so happens to come from BD. They are attempting to educate rather than fight the ski industry... Like professionals.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
That's great insight, tdbaugha. Thank you. KLIM/poo should buy the technology and license it back to BD if they think it's best in class. Otherwise, it's just a pilgrimage, and we are buying the lead they use to shoot us dead.

It would be great to see ISMA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, or Safe Riders on BD's donation page, right next to the The Nature Conservancy. That would be stunning, tho probably very brief. Want to see some real sales backlash, pee off an environmentalist. BD's stock would get shorted like Enron.

Message from earth to KLIM - this is their religion, they will never, ever, ever, ever, 'Coexist', and anything else is just a feint. I'm just too old to believe in fairy tales anymore. Hope I'm still around to see it all play out...

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I will post this here because if people care who donates the most money to anti-sledding groups, i.e.: Sierra Club and more it is Big Agriculture. So if you care that these companies donate funds to these organizations you must then care where the majority of their funding comes from, interesting film too. http://www.cowspiracy.com it is free on netflix...

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
I will post this here because if people care who donates the most money to anti-sledding groups, i.e.: Sierra Club and more it is Big Agriculture. So if you care that these companies donate funds to these organizations you must then care where the majority of their funding comes from, interesting film too. http://www.cowspiracy.com it is free on netflix...

Big oil spends a ton with these groups as well, basically buying their endorsements and bribing them to not harass the oil companies.

That's how nature conservancy can buy up land for $50 million.

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
Big oil spends a ton with these groups as well, basically buying their endorsements and bribing them to not harass the oil companies.

That's how nature conservancy can buy up land for $50 million.
not only big oil....but GM, Ford, Daimler-Chrysler, Coke, Pepsi, Johnson and Johnson.....every single large corporation hands money to these eco terrorists to keep them off their brands. if you want to stop them, sell all your sh!t and live off the grid. then you can feel really good about where you spent your money.

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
Don't forget this airbag pack that was designed for snowmobilers by snowmobilers. Full protection, transceiver pocket, routing for BC Link radio, pack and airbag all in one for $975 retail (includes canister). Extra canister is $175.

picture.php

that provest is an awesome idea, all in one hmmmm...is this one size fits all?

Last edited:
Premium Features