• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2012 pro owner have some??

H

Hodz Modz

Sep 15, 2011
Well I finally got myself a pro 155 and I have a couple questions. Would I see much hp gain by adding and exhaust can? Or do I just save weight and make more noise? What are you guys using for a tunnel bag? I would like one to hold extra socks, snacks, water, gloves, gogels, ect.. Should I change the clutching? If so who's kit is the best. All my riding is wy and co. I ride with mostly all cat guys and would love to run them over.......

I can't wait to try this thing out!!

Thanks
Hodz modz

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
Cans arent going to do anything but save weight and make it louder...Skinz is quality can for the money.

MDS clutching is an awesome setup

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
Congrats on the new sled!

I would look at the burahant tunnel bag from Polaris, I run a powder keg fuel and storage combo on my 12 pro 155, spendy but it works good.

I am running Polaris clutching for 8 to 10 ft. I am happy but I am sure you can spend some $ for a small gain. No can on my sled, I think they just make more noise.

You should have no issues running over your friends, you should be able to out last them at the end of the day because of less input effort all day long! I know a guy that bleeds green and when he got off of my stock pro he said holy sh/! That is sweet.

Enjoy!

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
Can just makes more noise. Saves a littlle wieght. Not worth it IMO. Try to keep our riding areas open. If you want to run your cat buds over make sure you are in shape and run em over. I would leave it stock for couple rides and see how you like it to get a starting point if you want to change something. Have fun

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
Also the polaris Burant lock and ride bag seems too big and bulky. I like the old bag thats bolts on the tunnel channel. It holds enough if you got a backpack and is easy to unzipp the top part and get water out. If you want the part # let me know.

T
Jan 17, 2012
Montana
My '12 has the Polaris shovel bag on the tunnel. horrible bag if you like things to stay dry. My '13 has the mountain addiction setup and I couldnt be happier with it.

IMAG0399_zps30280e7c.jpg

H

Hodz Modz

Sep 15, 2011
Yes rags part number would be great. The Brandt back looks good but I do ride with a back pack so maybe it's more than I need. All my buddies are calling me a trader! I've been hard core cat like them since the late 90's but I feel the poo pro is the sled to have..... Like I said I can't wait to get it out west and ride.

Thanks guys

D
Oct 13, 2008
A can will only loose weight. They may claim some hp gains but even if they are true they are minor. I run a HPS can only for the 7 lb. weight loss and it sounds good without being too loud. I also have the powder keg and allthough it is great for keeping things dry the amount of storage is less than I hoped for. They have a shovel storage system built in to the bottom of it that ruins the storge capicity. Talked to them about an option of no shovel and they did not seem to care about my opinion. I am going to take a heat gun to the bottom of it and push it down and I think it will make me happier.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
All of the bags above are top notch... I've had the Mtn. Addiction on my sled as well... and it's a great design...

For a true 100% waterproof.. I've only found one bag that would keep paper dry... and that is the SPG Powderpack Waterproof bag (well... a Pelican box will do this too)

I've got one of the new Ogio/Burandt bags on the way and hope to get some good testing on in in the next month.

You really cant go wrong with any of the ones above... for stuff that must stay dry like socks... put them into a zip lock bag and press all the air out before sealing them.

480_SPG_Powder_Pak_4.jpg

R

RMKNV

Jan 3, 2011
Reno,NV
I'm running a 120" under seat bag from polaris it fits great and give enough room for the Items you mentioned.
photo (3).JPG

D
Oct 13, 2008
MH is right. I have run the SPG bags on my skidoo's and they are waterproof. They are bassically dry bags. The only thing I did not like about them was all the folding and clipping you have to do ( 4 of them ). Once I tweek my powder kegs I think they are by far the best out there. Very strong and keep all water out with just the twist of a handle - lock. They hold more than you would think stock, but I will make it better.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Can

It seems to me, anyway, that after market cans make more noise than stock.
Look at any snowmobile map anywhere in this country and see how many areas are closed to snowmobiling. Snowmobile noise does have an impact.:light:

H

Hodz Modz

Sep 15, 2011
thanks guys! I picked up a brandt bag today. I think I'll wait on clutching and see how it does stock. Im going to wait on a can also. Over the years I've had about every can under the sun...Mostly loud stuff. I think I might do like others and keep it quiet aka stock.

Thanks for all the info.
HoDz MoDz

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
MDS for clutching.
RKT drop-in for engine reliability (I think...).
Setup shocks for your weight and style.
Ride the hell out of it.

Thats all.
The chassis is amazing.
The engine and electronics........well.......time has told the story there.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Polaris did real well with their stock clutching recommendations. You might want to make sure you are set-up with 10-60's and the stock 140/330 primary spring and have the 3211115 belt. If you decide to run any other belt like the 080 or 1122 you will have to recalibrate. I've found the stock black secondary spring works quite well to 9,000'. The black purple will give you better performance from 9,000' to 11,500'. I've tried quite a few variations and some dealer recommended set-ups but I always ended up going back to stock. You want to see 8,000 r's in a big pull not 8,100 or 8,200. 8,200 will sound sweeter but when your buddies 8,000 rpm sled hits the hill it will positively leave you in the dust. I've heard there are some dealer set-ups that have improved on the launch but I haven't personally seen it yet.

H
Dec 19, 2007
Montana
I bought a 12 pro 3 weeks and at 60 miles total I broke the stock primary clutch spring. I took it to the Polaris dealer and they went good for it and replaced it with a black and green. the dealer said it will engage a little smoother that the stock one at 3800 +/- It now engages at about 3650r's and I run 10-62's and can pull 8150 all day long at between 6000 and 9000 elevation with this combination. I have about 115 miles as of yesterday and couldn't be more happier with the clutching. At this point I'm pretty much going to keep it stock.

H

Hodz Modz

Sep 15, 2011
I thought I would give you guys an update after my first trip west with my new 12 pro.

First off the stock clutching was perfect. Turned 8050-8150 all day.
Second stock the power feels very comparaible to my 08 arctic cat m1k.
Third overall I am very impressed with this sled.

My only complaint is all the B.S. I get from my cat buddies. They keep calling me a trader.

Thanks for everything!
HoDz MoDz

R

RMKNV

Jan 3, 2011
Reno,NV
Glad you like your Pro.
Its ok they call you a trader because you are... haha.. not a traitor..
They crew I ride with has defectors from all brands in it. I used to be the odd guy out on my IQ buts its all Pros now.. Kinda funny.

Premium Features