• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

electric start install help

X

xteam

Dec 2, 2007
here is my delema, bought a take off e-start off an 09, to put on my 08, when i look at the factory installation instructions, it says i have to replace the pto front motor mount is it nessecary??? Like is there an offset on the replacement mount or is it just the holes are dilled out, to mount the starter?? thanks in advance for the help.

M
here is my delema, bought a take off e-start off an 09, to put on my 08, when i look at the factory installation instructions, it says i have to replace the pto front motor mount is it nessecary??? Like is there an offset on the replacement mount or is it just the holes are dilled out, to mount the starter?? thanks in advance for the help.

With the 08's you need to change the front mount for the starter. On the 09's and 10's they just used the same mount for either electric start or not from what I've been told.
Now, you may be able to drill the holes out, don't know, was it me, I would just replace the mount.

P

pyxle

Jan 27, 2008
Maple Valley, WA
08 and 09 e.start kits

The 08 does need the front mount replaced to an 09 mount.

The number of teeth on the starter is also different between 08 and 09, so if you have an 09 kit, buy the front mount for the 09 to make it work on the 08.

Premium Features