• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Racing in Nevada/California

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
I don't know that you'll find anything that's sanctioned by ISR, but there could be a few exhibition type races throughout the year. I would guess that finding one in California would be a tough bet based on all the retarded laws they have against everything. Where exactly are you located, and are you willing to drive quite a ways to find a race? If it's anything like hillclimbs, they are going to be fairly secluded to a certain region unless someone puts one together outside of a circuit. If I find anything I'll post it back in this thread.

racer

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
There are no and have not been any sanction events in quite a few years. We just don't have a great enough interest in the local sledder community and the above post about the laws does speak the truth as well. There has been a Cross Country Race in Chester, Ca and I am unaware if it will be occuring again? They did have a grass drag this year. Elko did host a Hillclimb on a pretty darn good hill (at least my view) but lack of snow that close to town was a factor. Wouldn't mind seeing some pop up but the likelyhood seems really far reaching, unless someone has a treasure chest full of cash and is also a insurance company. :noidea:

S

snopro176

Nov 27, 2007
Yuba City,CA
wsr used to be fun. snox and hillx at chester and boreal ski resort were a freaking blast but then it just fell apart. The cross country and what not in chester was the doings of Chad Burroughs. He pulled all the strings he could to get those events going when wsr quit but he sadly passed away last winter. I dont know what will happen to racing in chester now without him. Wsr hasnt had an event on the books in 2 years until now,but thats a start.

Premium Features