• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trust Boost Gauge, or Boondocker Boost Sensor?

J
Dec 3, 2007
My boost gauge reads about 6 psi, while my BD box records my boost at 8.5 max and 9.2 peak.

This is pretty consistant. When I take my boost controller out and plumb it direct to my 6 psi wastegate, my boost gauge reads 5 psi and the BD box reads 6.2 max and 7 peak.

Which would you trust? Has anyone else ran into a difference between the two readings?

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i think you might have a bad boost gauge or something a long the lines of a bad T fitting or some restriction in the lines, my boost gauge is spot on to what my BD box says my max boost is every time.

P
Nov 21, 2007
HAYDEN, IDAHO
Sounds like the notorious boost spikes of the boost controllers. Have you removed the spring and ball from the boost controller?

I had issues with my Boondockers box registering a high PSI with only 6psi being run. Took the ball/spring out and now my box reads only 6psi max. Unless I crank up the knob of course.:D

Go to turbosmart's website and look for the boost controller instructions. It will tell you how to remove them to cure the boost spike readings.

Premium Features