• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightweight Riding Gloves?

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
I am new to moutain riding, so on my first ride I dressed like I was back in northern Minnesota trail riding. I need to get some light weight gloves that will still keep me fairly warm while riding in the hills. So far I am looking at the Klim Inversion, Klim Powerxross, HMK Factory Team Glove, the True North Storm and Powder Storm, and the FXR Octane. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
Klim powercross are my favorite. they are big enough to keep ya warm and they are gortex but still not bulky at all. Klim inversions are good too but not waterproof

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I think the best set up is an unlined leather palmed outer glove, and two or three pairs of wool/fleece or what ever you like liners. Your hands will get wet from sweating and digging, when they do just change out your liners. I have used this system for years, best I have found!!

F

freak58trio

Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Washington
I have 2 pairs of Klim gloves and I always find myself wearing my Mechanics gloves yes there thin but I just turn up the heat. I've always hated that feeling of not being able to feel the bars ie: too bulky in the palms but when it does get real cold I have the thicker Klim gloves on hand to wear.

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Prob get some funny looks with this, but I use the Fox Thermal Paws, leather palms that are thin so they transfer heat from the grip heaters well then they are neoprene on the backs which blocks the wind and keeps the backs warm. Ridden down to neg 15F with them and my hands are always warm.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
TNA Storm gloves, you can end your search right there, best there is for any price, :D

Nov 14, 2008
Calgary Alberta
Just buy The damn glove's who care's not a hard anwser to solve if you have heated grip's and you wear mechanic's gloves they work fine dont go out and buy Klim's glove's total waste of money why need them when you can get a cheaper pair that work just as good??? :eek: Answer solved lol

Jonny...

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Just buy The damn glove's who care's not a hard anwser to solve if you have heated grip's and you wear mechanic's gloves they work fine dont go out and buy Klim's glove's total waste of money why need them when you can get a cheaper pair that work just as good??? :eek: Answer solved lol

Jonny...

Yeap, i wear Mechanix gloves... they're about $20 from auto zone... even target carries 'em. I carry a few pairs, once they get wet they get pretty chilly. A dry pair fixes that.

G
Nov 30, 2007
Come on guys you know that Kilm gloves are way cool! If you spend four times what you should for a pair of Kilm gloves they have to be the best; BS!!
Just find some gloves that keep your hands warm and dry and be done with it..

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
I agree the Klims suck. Palms are way to slick to hold onto the bars, they get wet insantly and are colder than crap

Other than that they're pretty sweet

D
Sep 19, 2005
I've alway's gone to the ski shop and bought the Scott X Country gloves that are light weight and waterproof. Palms get stickier the wetter they get, neoprene insert so hands don't get wet. Finally wore them out and I'm gonna give the Manzella's a try from Snobunje.

B
Dec 11, 2007
Bozeman, Montana
I've always worn Mechanix cold weather gloves, they are warmer than standard mechanix, but still thin. I just keep the hand warmers turned up. When they get wet I just ring them out...good to go. If its cold enough outside I put some warmer ones on then.

frontierfire

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2008
Eagle River
I live in Alaska and I would agree I had a pair of Klim and they fell apart. I now use CLC brand Thunders are insulated and water proof also Gorgonz brand are insulated and waterprof they are similar to mechanics picked them up at Home Depot for $24.00 a pair the lasted all season no problems just make sure you have 2 pair and your good to go.

Premium Features