For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: IQ 2005-Current, all models in the IQ and IQ Raw chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
iride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2007 600 hesitates when drift jumping.

I am new to this forum as a member but I have used it often for advise- you guys know your stuff. Keep up the good work. Here is my problem...

I have a 2007 IQ 600 cleanfire cfi that hesitates when powder drifting, jumping and landing- very frustrating. At WOT it will hesitate for a second when the front end dips as it hits a soft drift. Immediately comes right back to WOT. Frustrating because when I need the power the most it hesitates for a split second. The situation has been getting steadily worse (slightly longer hesitations before it comes back). It seems to act like a fouling plug but I am not sure if it is electrical or fuel related. On flat hard pack there are no issues. If I hit a jump in the hard pack on trails, no issues. If I am going through a powder ditch at WOT and hit a jump- it hesitates. If I land in soft snow, it hesitates. I can also sometimes get it to do it while "carving" or "boondocking". Where do I look? Very frustrating.

Sled history: I have owned it since new- all was great until it burned down on the right side cylinder due to an intake rubber seperation from throttle body injector assembly. After warranty work on this, I have had the hesitation problem - not sure if they are related. Problem is- warranty work was done the tail end of that year, did not notice problem until warranty was up.

It has always taken two pulls to start- sometimes quits running once at a cold idle. Real rough idle until it warms up. Seems to idle warm at 2200 rpm.

Where do I start to look? My dealer wants an "open end" to find the problem. I am not sure how to simulate the problem in a shop. I would have to find some soft drift launches and landings to demonstrate.

Please advise- has anyone had this issue?

Thanks all for your help.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Basic Member
happytime happytime happytime happytime happytime happytime happytime happytime happytime happytime happytime

my o8 700 started doing the samething n if i try to a hill it acts like it loses power

Old 02-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Currently: Ready For POW
Outlaw525s has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw525s has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw525s has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw525s has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw525s has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw525s has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw525s has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw525s has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw525s has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw525s has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw525s has a reputation beyond repute

Ever try a temperature sensor..??? Have had a couple do this before.. another common thing with this sled is the VR.... Ask your dealer to hook it up to the comp. and test it out... my buddues was the EGZACT same thing when he owned one and it was the temp sensor... Perty easy fix!

Old 02-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Currently: Lovin the new porting with twins...Just have to wrangle in the RPMs.
Basic Member
ElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond repute

Take 50cents worth of RTV sealant tip your sled on its side and seal all around the exhaust outlet where it meets the bodywork and your problem is solved! No PCV, ECU, VR or other expensive problem here. In the deep snow the exhaust pressurizes the underhood area and displaces the oxygen and causes an exremely rich bog.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Basic Member
iride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond reputeiride4fun has a reputation beyond repute

Elctrotech,
Thank you for your explaination. Are you thinking that the soft snow forces the exhaust back up under the hood? And, by sealing around the exhaust pipe the exhaust will stay outside? It makes sense but seems way to easy. I will try this and see what happens.

When I talked with my dealer, he seemed to think it might be TPS voltage or not set correctly.

Your fix seems way easier.

I will give it a try.

Thanks
Mark

Old 02-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Basic Member

Electrotech,
I will try this tomorrow and maybe run it this weekend to see- could you tell me- how do you figure this sh@@ out? I pride myself on being somewhat mechanical and able to figure stuff like this out- I never would have thought.....??? The more I think of it- makes sense but way toooooo easy.
Thanks
I will give it a try.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Basic Member
polarisdragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default me too

did this fix work i have the same problem with my 08 dragon sb 700. it will send u over the bars then kick back in and go again. i had it to the dealer for reflash but didnt work.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Currently: Lovin the new porting with twins...Just have to wrangle in the RPMs.
Basic Member
ElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond reputeElectroTech has a reputation beyond repute

Did this solve your problem?

Old 03-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Currently: working so i can be playing
St0rm77 has a reputation beyond reputeSt0rm77 has a reputation beyond reputeSt0rm77 has a reputation beyond reputeSt0rm77 has a reputation beyond reputeSt0rm77 has a reputation beyond reputeSt0rm77 has a reputation beyond reputeSt0rm77 has a reputation beyond reputeSt0rm77 has a reputation beyond reputeSt0rm77 has a reputation beyond reputeSt0rm77 has a reputation beyond reputeSt0rm77 has a reputation beyond repute

.....yeah, what's up? this sounds alot like what's going on with mine at the moment...

Old 03-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Basic Member
Old 03-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Currently: think snow
dotter has a reputation beyond reputedotter has a reputation beyond reputedotter has a reputation beyond reputedotter has a reputation beyond reputedotter has a reputation beyond reputedotter has a reputation beyond reputedotter has a reputation beyond reputedotter has a reputation beyond reputedotter has a reputation beyond reputedotter has a reputation beyond reputedotter has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 03-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 09-22-2018, 12:28 AM
Basic Member
littlenanner85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register