• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Geronimo is Finished

B

BC SnoX

Banned
Oct 15, 2016
Miami FL Sunshine and Ladies
ItHere she is, shes not pretty, but she wil be tough. Have a couple things still need to add like snowflap+ bar pad+ stomp grip tunnel traction. I had a professional welder touch up my runners, but i will be adding more reinforcements myself with my new welder with spoolgun.

So i had welder cut up old peice of rox trac pad and weld it in front of runners, cause the new runners created a huge drop off that felt weird underfoot. He did that nice and welded up my hoop nice, i will be fine tuning that area now with my spool gun to try to get those boards solid as humanly possible. Gona ride it a couple times as is to see what happens to current welds. And then make adjustments and finalize the reinforcements.

Next step is the 800 mono conversion. I cant decide weather to do the 800 and have a bad *** tough but dated warhorse or sell the iqr aftet this season and get a m8000 141 with some chassis mods and come back to reality with a new sled every couple seasons. My goal was to build something i could ride for 10 years until im ready for a old man sled. But the more and more $ and parts i sink into it the more and more it looks like a chopped up rat sled. I wanted something that looked like it came off showroom floor and thats definitely not what i have built. Its a nice beater jumping sled and good to practice my fabrication skills on at the moment.
Right now I am torn. So i sell this sled while it still looks decent and upgrade to new m8000 141 or do i send it on my warhorse iqr for the next few years until me or it breaks(probably me)

I keep going back and forth and cant make up my mind for the life of me

Attachments

• KIMG0393.jpg
    KIMG0393.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 169
  • KIMG0392.jpg
    KIMG0392.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 153
  • KIMG0389.jpg
    KIMG0389.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 155
  • KIMG0391.jpg
    KIMG0391.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

omernikski

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2003
Minocqua, WI/ Foxboro, WI
You could always go with a VE boondock tunnel and boards. That would look good. I don't mind the chopped up look. As long as its dependable and does what I want. If you can't fit in, stand out. That's how I look at it

B

BC SnoX

Banned
Oct 15, 2016
Im keeping it. I love it. The hoops i had van amburg add to my boards are perfect, they even allow me to use them as hooks for whips. If i were to buy a new sled it would be brand new and to pretty. I like that i can go out and try to destroy this IQR and then go home and throw some welds at it and be back in action. Im not a new sled kind of guy. Im gona ride this little beast until the wheels come off. That being said tjis my current setup what you think
9000ft and up at 30°
300 mains
52.3 gram weights
19/45 gearing on 136x2 track
Im starting here any advice or is this set up solid

Also would you do the 800 mono conversion. I want my sled to just be reliable reliable reliable. The 600 a fun little motor as is and im starting to second guess doing the 800. I want it to be as reliable as possible mile after mile. Should I just leave it a 600 and ride the wheels off her. What kind of mileage are guys getting out of their 800 mono conversions. I have heard that the stock 600r will just go and go and go. Am i killing an amazing motor by making it a 800?

B

BC SnoX

Banned
Oct 15, 2016
I have to take my skid out and put solid rivets in my steel skid bolt plates.
Vohk left them completely unriveted. I went to them instead of doing the build my self because i wanted it to be perfect. To say the least I wish I had done it myself. Now i have to take the skid out and do it myself. I had to order another solid rivet kit and tool because vohk did not give me the one that came with my kit.

Also I asked for all my stock parts back. My stock rear axle is missing. I asked about it and they told me they tried to cut it down to use on my sled. So they where gona take my 2 wheel axel i bought from ice age and steel it and put my cut down axel in my sled. I dont even see how you can cut down an axel. Regardless they are lying about something and tried to steel or did steel one of my axels.

Vohk or alpine motor sports or what ever they are sucks. If your not a pro they slap your **** together and steel **** off your sled to put on someone else's sled that they care more about.

This is all after they had my sled for two months, because i tried to get it to them before turbo season and yet i still got my sled built in the middle of turbo season.

In the middle of it I almost pulled my sled out if there with the parts not installed but then i felt bad for making up a story about selling the sled and let them do there thing. I was trying to save some money and was nervous about it being turbo season. They had already made me feel like I was bothering them with questions and bull****. I was just wanting to makecsure my sled was perfect, and even after trying to be the sqeeky wheel and every other possible thing i could try to get them to give a half **** about my sled and I still got a thrown together peice of crap. The freaking track isnt even adjusted straight.

Attachments

• KIMG0412.jpg
    KIMG0412.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 55
  • KIMG0413.jpg
    KIMG0413.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 61
B

BC SnoX

Banned
Oct 15, 2016
I learned that you have to just be patient and do things yourself. I was very busy in summer and now realize I should have just been patient and did everything myself. I have fixed it and am very proud of what I have done to it.

Eric Wong of Alpine Motorsports rebuilt my suspension free of charge. He wanted to take sled back and fix it but I wanted to do it myself so I asked if he could rebuild my suspension. I overnighted them my suspension hoping to get them back before Christmas. After hearing nothing for a week and a half I asked what was up and I was told that nothing happened yet but they would do it that day. I got my suspension back ups the next day.
I got a chance to go ride and suspension feels nice.

Attachments

• KIMG0479.jpg
    KIMG0479.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 58
  • KIMG0478.jpg
    KIMG0478.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Premium Features