• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

120 Mod or older 340

S

sledhead004

Jan 20, 2008
Craig,Co
My daughter turns 7 in December but is tiny only 40 lbs. She has been on her 120 for 3 seasons and last year has really excelled. I was thinking of long track and bigger motor since we are in the mountains. I would think this should last her several more years. What do you think? Should I build a mod or just get by until I can find a sno scoot or sport. I'm thinking the 340s might be a bit heavy and harder to turn for her.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I'm guessing the kid will hit a growth spurt pretty soon.

I started out with a 120 but they outgrew it about the time their skills improved. Borrowed a snow-scoot then long tracked it. Now they are on a 340. No simple solution as each kid is different. The Ski-Doo has a light weight model that might fill in your needs, or an older 340. Kind of nice to have something big enough to ride along with them so you can teach them while they ride.

H1Pilot

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Since she is so small, it will be some time before she can man handle an adult size sled, so I vote build a mod 120. I built 2 120 longtracks in the past and have no regrets as it allowed me to take my kids into the back country at that age. If you build it yourself, you will get your cost out of it when you sell it down the road (maybe not labor).

S

sledhead004

Jan 20, 2008
Craig,Co
Thanks H1. Your build was actually the reason I was thinking of building one. I would think she could get a good 3 seasons out of it.

Premium Features