• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new gopro hero 2

96j

Oct 13, 2008
nw iowa
Just got a go pro hero 2 and was wondering were is the best place to mount the camera? And what video mode is the best? thanks

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
your pick. top or side of helmet. I have two mounts on my helmet (top and left side of helmet). you may need to test (while taping it to see if you got good visibleable) on where you want to mount it before you peel it off then put it on.
I have a gopro hero 2 and other one is hero 1. The different between of 1080 hd, hero 2 is better than hero 1 but have not tried it on snowmobile yet (no snow here in iowa). If you want more wide (top to bottom, side to side), switch into 960. I like 960 on my hero 1, have not tried 960 on hero 2 yet.

M

mtnman69

Mar 19, 2011
Go pro makes a chest mount with straps that provides a really good position in my opinion my buddy used one in the madres last week . Great product .

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
I used mine on top of my helemt first three rides. good coverage was worried about tearing it off so tied safety string around it and through vent in my 509 helmet. hit many branches but never went anywhere

Premium Features