• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 bogging issue

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
Well I have been pulling my hair out trying to get this thing fixed. Sled seems to run fine at first...when cold it will rev to 7800 and pull hard. After 10-15 minutes, seems like after it gets some heat in it, starts to fall on its face. only pulls 6500-6800 RPM.

So after getting several ideas from here, i have changed the servo motor, cleaned power valves, checked cables for free movement, adjusted cables to 34.5mm, put a new belt on, and looked over all the wiring for rubbed spots. Everything has checked out and still having issues. So what do I look at next?

Is there a possability that the cdi is bad? could the stator be getting weak? The sled seems to have no other electrical problems as far as lights and guages go; they work fine. I am stumped!!

B.T.W. It is an 06 carbed M7 with about 2500 miles.

Thanks for any help!

C
Mar 20, 2011
Well I have been pulling my hair out trying to get this thing fixed. Sled seems to run fine at first...when cold it will rev to 7800 and pull hard. After 10-15 minutes, seems like after it gets some heat in it, starts to fall on its face. only pulls 6500-6800 RPM.

So after getting several ideas from here, i have changed the servo motor, cleaned power valves, checked cables for free movement, adjusted cables to 34.5mm, put a new belt on, and looked over all the wiring for rubbed spots. Everything has checked out and still having issues. So what do I look at next?

Is there a possability that the cdi is bad? could the stator be getting weak? The sled seems to have no other electrical problems as far as lights and guages go; they work fine. I am stumped!!

B.T.W. It is an 06 carbed M7 with about 2500 miles.

Thanks for any help!

watch my threads and i will watch yours

C
Mar 20, 2011
Got mine sold actually....just want to get it running right before I hand it over.

well man thats nice of you well good luck im glad to hear your actually bieng honest and not leaving head aches for someone else. Ive had that done to me with my last sled and it really sucked cause im only 16 and dont have all the money in the world to fix it but i found out what it was and sold it without fixing it was just honest and got my money out if it and the guy was happy and fine

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
1. The stator could be getting weak when the windings get hot.
2. Take apart the taillight housing and check the common taillight short.****
3. I know you replaced the servo but disconnect the power valves and hold them open manually.
4. Check for burnt wires in the headlight area under the cowl.
5. Look in the bottom of the gas tank for metallic shavings (bad fuel pump)
6. While your in the gas tank verify the pickup valves screens are clean
7. Disconnect the main chassis ground wire ( brown under coolant bottle) and clean.
8. Check injector wiring for any shorts or broken wires. (should clean the injectors also)
9. Disconnect every electrical connector behind the pipe guard except for the key and see if it hits rpm. (key will be the only way to turn off)
10. Put your ecu on another m7 and see if it works
11. This should have kept you busy
12. Take it somewhere
13. Good luck and let us know what you rule out!!

A
Sep 18, 2008
fernie
mine was my timing sensor 200 bucks or so.... just would not advance.... and changed that out and the thing came alive again....

same thing though it ran good cold then would not pull th Rs once hot... could get it to rev a bit better if i roled through the throttle and did load it up with fuel.... hope that helps a bit

Last edited:
Premium Features