• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 Crossfire 7 bogging issue

M

mblanken881

Nov 27, 2007
Sioux City, IA
The sled is a 2006 Crossfire 700 with MBRP can, shift assist, RKT porting, boondocker box tuned by Brian at MPM.

Sled has always ran excellent. Chris Burandt even said 'that is the best running 700 I've ever ridden'.

Went out today at Jones Pass (not sure on elevation but have ridden there in the past). Sled doesn't run worth a crap.

Sled runs good making pulls up the hill then when if I back off the throttle for a second it won't go back over 6800 RPMs and the motor sounds really weak. Occasionally it would have an issue taking off, feels like the brake is on.

We checked clutching, went through a couple previous boondocker settings used in the past, and pulled the powervalves. Nothing seemed to work.

What is the best way to clean the powervalves and to check/adjust the cables? Can you wire the powervalves to stay open all the time (heard about this from somebody in the past)? Would belt deflection be an issue?

Also, the sled blew a belt at the end of the day. But it had 1500 miles on it, so maybe it was just time.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

M

mblanken881

Nov 27, 2007
Sioux City, IA
anybody have an answer for us?

it's 7:15 A.M. and we're starting to get ready to head up to Rabbit Ears for the day. Any quick responses would be great.

Thanks

B
Nov 11, 2009
Canada
I'd put $50 on the MBRP can causing it. Take it off, put your stock one back on and I bet it will run like new.

I've personally seen this on my 06 700 and both of my dads.

Premium Features