• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

too lazy.........

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
ok so im glued to the couch and too lazy to go find the manual, im wondering about the giant oil tank with a site window halfway up. So are you only supposed to fill that huge tank up halfway? Oh.... this is on the 800

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
I'm sure all will be fine, just double check your oil lines.

Someone give me some tips here. So I've got the hoods all off, the can, the pipe, the ebox cover, etc. What do I see? A main oil feed line that is covered by an aluminum corrugated heat shield, and the top outlet line of the pump that is covered in a spiral protector. Can't see the bottom outlet line of the pump yet but that one isn't covered, I think.

So how in hell is anyone checking for airlocks? X-ray vision? I'm eating a ton of Bazooka Joe to get me a pair of those glasses but I can't chew fast enough.

What gives? Is my eyesight that bad?........

C

Cat Bandit

Mar 4, 2009
So, my dealer said the sight glass is the low oil level. But its like halfway up the res. I just fill it up, and when the light comes on, ill fill it up again. It seems it was for the fourstroke sleds, and they just used the same res. But who knows, its a big tank, and in theory, you should get five tanks of gas to one tank of oil if it runs 50:1. What's the status on getting a smaller reservoir to replace the big ol chunk of mag? I saw that bdx has a cover, but I don't want to mix gas.

jazzfan

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2009
I could see air bubbles in the line that is wrapped with the clear spiral material. I was wondering the same thing then I shined a light in there and could see a few small bubbles, so I tipped in on its left side and ran it for a few minutes and checked again and they were gone. I filled my oil tank all the way to the top so I could see if it was oiling, then rode it. I put forty miles on it last Saturday and the oil level did drop so I think I'm good. I hope?

Premium Features