• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What should I do??? I'm I screwed???

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
Took my Nytro in to the dealer for a leak in a radiator hose and found 2 two inch rips in the tunnel. One on the right and one on the left side up the tunnel just in front of the drop brackets.
There is a 16in. wide track with after market brackets. It looks like there is some stress on the front edge of each bracket that is causing it to rip.
What should I do?

Edit: scheduled to be welded in the morning. Here are some pics.

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

Last edited:
A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
what's the problem exactly????

Took my Nytro in to the dealer for a leak in a radiator hose and found 2 two inch rips in the tunnel. One on the right and one on the left side up the tunnel just in front of the drop brackets.
There is a 16in. wide track with after market brackets. It looks like there is some stress on the front edge of each bracket that is causing it to rip.
What should I do?

>>>
So what's the problem exactly......? Have it welded if you can't do it your self and reinforce the rips with some aluminum plate OR replace the tunnel with one of those sick azz Titanium versions or a Crracing tunnel, problem solved! What aftermarket drop brackets do you have and how big is the track your running? Do you think it's from the 16" wide track and other brackets?

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
It is a stock tunnel, I knew early on that I was going to replace the tunnel someday. This off season it is getting a timbersled skid so I may as well get a tunnel too. All that said................ What do I do to get through this season. Should I weld it (will it hold up?), rivet on a plate, I dont know.

It has a 162x16x2.5 challenger extreme track. The installer creased the tunnel exactly where the rips are. I am assuming he did it to fit it all in there. I don't know what bracket are used. I will look into it in the morning and get over to the dealer with my carama so I can post some pics.

Thanks for any advice

Last edited:
S
Nov 29, 2007
salmon arm
weld it up and put a 1/8 plate 3'' from crack or as close to the bracket as you can if it ripped at the bracket weld your plate to the bracket add some rivets done

Ken Climb

Premium Member
What should I do?

Patch it up, reinforce it somehow then over summer order up a cr racing tunnell. They are sooooooo nice! Time consuming but rather easy to install. pre-drilled holes line up perfectly.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Patch it up, reinforce it somehow then over summer order up a cr racing tunnell. They are sooooooo nice! Time consuming but rather easy to install. pre-drilled holes line up perfectly.

Hey Ken how long did it take for you to install the tunnel?? pretty straight forward? I was thinking of installing one on my apex next year......The rivets come with?

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
What should I do?

Edit: scheduled to be welded in the morning. Here are some pics.

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

i'll be nice and keep the nasty comments to myself. :D:D

I

IRONMAN

Nov 26, 2007
boy i love you yamaha guys! ragged on the poor old xp, what where they again? oh, tin cans!!! lol. then what are nytro tunnels made of? maybe tin foil? hey rev! the next sticker you may want to put on your tunnel is a no fat chicks sticker? caution!!! fat chicks may cause extreme tunnel failure! looks like pintos mom and ex-wife are out!!!! LOL. :lips::lips::lips::lips:

Your a idiot! look through the rest of the yamaha posts you funkin retard, this is the only post of a riped tunnel and the guy mod'd it to fit a 16 wide track. Thinkin your streeeeeeeeeeeachin it just a little to compare it to the long list of probs all the doo guys had this year, oops the last few years.

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
Your a idiot! look through the rest of the yamaha posts you funkin retard, this is the only post of a riped tunnel and the guy mod'd it to fit a 16 wide track. Thinkin your streeeeeeeeeeeachin it just a little to compare it to the long list of probs all the doo guys had this year, oops the last few years.

hmmmm! thats funny all my buddies that put 16" wides in there nytros dont have this problem? and look through all the doo post retard and show me one riped xp tunnel!!!!

B

bullfrog123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2008
Ashton, Idaho
back to main topic

Did you do a serious wheelie stand or hit the rear offloading from trailer? I have seen this on all brands of sleds from doing either one. Maybe this isn't the case, but something to think about in the future. I for one have cracked coolers from letting the rear bounce off the trailer, and one friend did a SUPER SICK wheelie and buckled his tunnel due to the rear dragging in the chit. Just my penny's worth of thought.:beer; I'm not rich enough to offer $0.02 cents.

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
PUD, thats the recess bell ringing. Computer lab is over. You better run, those swings on the playground fill up quick!

Premium Features