• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where does Snowbiking rank on your list of "Fun on things with motors/engines?"

B
Where does Snowbiking rank on your list of "Fun on things with motors/engines?"

For me, riding the dirtbike is #1 of fun things to do in life, bar none. Now, I don't have a fighter jet or a battle helicopter but, between all the streetbikes I had, snowmobiling, the boat, or any other fun thing like skiing or being pulled behind the boat on a surfboard, there is nothing more fun to me than just riding around in circles through the forest on a dirtbike.

I can only imagine that the snowbike is going to be either #2 or maybe #1, once I finally get the kit in and installed and get to ride it for the first time. Trail riding on the snowmobile has been fun the past 20 years so so and is definitely the best thing I can do in the winter but I can only imagine that the snowbike is going to rule.

What say you? Is snowbiking the most fun thing YOU can do with your clothes on?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Yes. Unless you’re snowbikeing on trails only then dirtbikeing might remain #1.

For me, heliskiing in AK was the most fun i have ever had but snowbiking down mountains is a close second.

B
Yes. Unless you’re snowbikeing on trails only then dirtbikeing might remain #1.

For me, heliskiing in AK was the most fun i have ever had but snowbiking down mountains is a close second.

I'm fortunate that I have a brother in law up in VT, that has permission to ride some 10-20 square miles of private property where we will be the only ones riding so while we'll have the trails that we make, we'll also have lots of O/T to ride on and make tracks.

Back in my no-money=butt azz broke days, skiing was my first love and I'd dream of powder and still, to this day, have gotten very few runs in pure pow but have loved it.

R
Apr 18, 2016
I'm one year in on the snowbike....dirtbikes are still #1 for me just because of the technical rocks and skill it takes to ride a dirtbike. The snowbike is awesome, much like riding dunes but covered with trees which puts it up there high on the list of fun with motors. I am very cyclical, when it's hot in the summer my favorite things to do are either surf/wakeboard behind the boat or just surf. In the spring and fall I dig the dirtbike but also love ripping dunes/desert in my buggy. Winter I like the snowbike when the conditions are killer, I love dirtbikes in mud/wet dirt/sand I like ripping the buggy. I like riding dirtbikes if there is like a foot of snow....man I love everything with a motor.

If I could only do or have one thing it would be a dirtbike...after that I like it all. Under the right conditions I like my boat more than I like riding dust. I like my snowbike more than anything else when we get a fresh dump. It just depends on the day and the conditions where I want to spend my time with a motor.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I'm one year in on the snowbike....dirtbikes are still #1 for me just because of the technical rocks and skill it takes to ride a dirtbike. The snowbike is awesome, much like riding dunes but covered with trees which puts it up there high on the list of fun with motors. I am very cyclical, when it's hot in the summer my favorite things to do are either surf/wakeboard behind the boat or just surf. In the spring and fall I dig the dirtbike but also love ripping dunes/desert in my buggy. Winter I like the snowbike when the conditions are killer, I love dirtbikes in mud/wet dirt/sand I like ripping the buggy. I like riding dirtbikes if there is like a foot of snow....man I love everything with a motor.

If I could only do or have one thing it would be a dirtbike...after that I like it all. Under the right conditions I like my boat more than I like riding dust. I like my snowbike more than anything else when we get a fresh dump. It just depends on the day and the conditions where I want to spend my time with a motor.

Conditions dictate everything.
Dirtbike single track in the mountains summer.

Snowbike anytime in winter.

Sleds on the deep days and in highcountry.

I might get into boats or buggies when I’m old.
With age comes a cage.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I have always been a snowmobile junkie until I rode a snow bike. I haven't ridden a sled since. I still own sleds and will probably ride them occasionally but for now Im all Snow bike. For the type of riding we like it opens up places You just cant go on a sled.

B
I'm glad y'all are like me in that I love the dirtbike.

I also like the "With age, comes the cage". I did have a C5 Corvette until 2011. Sold my last streetbike, CBR1000 when my first kid was on the way and want a C7 but, the dirtbike is #1.

I think I'm going to love the snowbike and not want to snowmobile again and I'd be perfectly ok with it.

KTMDigger

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Love the quote “with age comes a cage”

If I had to rate my spark plug collection:
#1 Snow bike ... hands down
#2 dirt bikes and road bikes
#3 buggies in the desert
#4 muscle cars (65 AC Cobra and 67 GT 40)

Lawn mowers and weed wackers do not qualify

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
On deep days there is nothing like big HP sleds. Can't beat HP. When there is not much fresh snow I can have more fun on a snow bike, the low HP is not so much of an issue and it is relatively easy to get in and play in the little honey holes that are to small to have fun in with big HP sleds. Not better just different.
The Dirtbike has been my best most fun ride all my live even before sleds. That will never change.
ATV - Side by Sides - Boats - Cars Street Bikes etc are all good for a hoot but never to close to my hart.
Now Aeroplanes are a different story.

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
Snowbike’s are right up there. Other things in close company are:

Paramotors
Sport bikes
Marathon jetboats

I’m in the minority that doesn’t ride dirt bikes. I’ve had them, and had fun, but my feeling is that they are great if access to riding is easy. In my area, it’s not so easy and the trails are often muddy and overrun with other people who ride way hard and I just don’t like the vibe that much. I do miss it, and I miss sport bikes too, but I like to keep my motor life in areas where I can run them hard without worrying about the law. So, for now sport bikes are off the table.

0602CF35-B399-4112-B57C-C5C0DC0F9BF9.jpeg

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Awesome photo! Are those the three sisters with broken top on the bottom right?

Snowman269

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2010
CO, MN, MI
Dirt biking is my Passion, since a kid, it's #1
Snowmobiling has been my #2 for 20 years because it's easier to get a big group to go ride, now it's 3.
Snowbiking is my new #2, I might even enjoy it more than Dirt once I get this thing dialed in, (I love where I can go)
Sportbikes 4,
then Touring on the Goldwing 5.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Yep, good eye! It was my personal best altitude flight, 15,400

I hiked and skied the south sister a dozen or so years ago about the end of june. One of the worst runs of my life. Sun cups and rain runells the entire way down. Hike up was fun though?

ravenous

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2013
#1 Paragliding. This is the most challenging and rewarding sport I've done. 22yrs of flying and I still love it.No motor on this,but a motor can't give the rush that a 2000 foot per min thermal gives! And it's pretty easy on my body.
#2 Snowbiking. This is the perfect winter sport for my aging body. It's as challenging as you want it to be and I'm totally obsessed! I still can't believe some of the f__ked up backcountry loops that are possible on these things.I still like Skiing and sleds,but a guy only has so much time.
#3 gets divvied up by dirt bikes,including trials,and road bikes.The problem with road bikes is RULES.So it is at the bottom of the list, I guess.

Golden.jpg

Premium Features