• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

gas can

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Sorry I don't have my sled here or I would take pics but I use a two gallon rotopax and my tunnel bag is mounted on top of that. When I need it I just move the bag and pull it off. Works well.

I'll get some pics next time I have my sled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I bought a 16 last year and have zero information on my much gas my sled actually uses. Depending on whether it's facing north our south, I have either a 20% full tank or an 80% full tank. That gas guage is AWESOME.

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
Sorry I don't have my sled here or I would take pics but I use a two gallon rotopax and my tunnel bag is mounted on top of that. When I need it I just move the bag and pull it off. Works well.

I'll get some pics next time I have my sled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd really like to see pictures of your set up and what you are running for a bag. Or are you running a the hard storage straight from Rotopax?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
mountain addiction can and bag combo kit you can get an extra 1.3 g if you go on long trips this leave you with 2x 1.3 g or 1x 1.3 and the bag. i have a 16 and in 1600 mile have never taken more than 9 gallons.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
mountain addiction can and bag combo kit you can get an extra 1.3 g if you go on long trips this leave you with 2x 1.3 g or 1x 1.3 and the bag. i have a 16 and in 1600 mile have never taken more than 9 gallons.

I run Mountain Addiction also on my 16 LE but I have to say, mine is doing ok on gas. The gauges suck for sure. I was on the level heading back to truck and was going between 3 bars and then flashing LOW FUEL.
It took a little over 6 gallons to fill it and I had went 63 miles. I also have a SLP Stage III kit on mine and we spent some time busting trail open that day.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
i had a mountain addiction on a pro and couldn't keep them on it. I lost one in cook and dropped and found them twice in the horns.

my buddy has a craggerbuilt and loves it but its so ugly

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I ran out of gas right when I went up my trailer ramp, and I wasn't out that long.

that's just punk rock man :D

You should try to do that every time.

A buddy of mine has the big mountain addiction can on his 2016 limited tunnel. I still can't believe he hasn't warped his tunnel yet with all that weight. He kind of rides like an nutjob.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
i had a mountain addiction on a pro and couldn't keep them on it. I lost one in cook and dropped and found them twice in the horns.

my buddy has a craggerbuilt and loves it but its so ugly

the tunnel on the cat is a bit less flexible.
havent lost one yet and I do ride it a bit hard at times.

as for the gauge i did the next stage reflash and for the money would do it again! fixes the fuel and you get to see motor temp along with a bunch more options.

I
Sep 23, 2016
I got a mountain addiction 3.3 gal set up on my 15. I mounted it at the end of the tunnel since right behind my seat is bent and not flat. Needless to say after riding some rough trails my tunnel under the can started to bend in
face-icon-small-confused.gif
Whoops.....so don't mount it way back lol

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
bought the holz set since while looking through the cat accessory book that's the can they use with a bracket that's more cat specific. figured id stick with the original

ill get a pic in a week

id still like to see any other pics of other setups just to compare

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
I wish they had a photo of the trail tank on their site, at this point I wish anybody had a picture of anything at all!

Side note digging through my shed I found my old mountain addiction rails, and a small can with a broken spout. I also found a mountain fit gas can rack kit but no can

Last edited:
Premium Features