• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evo Viper Big Chute turbo kit demo day

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
We are planning to meet at the Boulder cabin at 12:00 tomorrow. We rode Thursday and the snow was pretty good. Most of us didn't ride today as it was raining. Weather is looking to clear mid afternoon so hopefully it plays nice and we can have some fun.

Just look for the 2 Evo wrapped Cats.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
We had an awesome time in Revy with the guys and gals from Team Thunderstruck, White Knuckle Motorsports, Dwayne from BCA, Klim, BD & Simmons.

Our Big Chute Viper ran flawlessly. Clutching, Fueling, Multi Map, everything is dialed in. The throttle response and crispness is as good if not better than stock.

Fuel Requirements have been refined as follows:

100LL for 28 PSIA boost (14 lbs)
91 Prem for 23-24 PSIA boost (9-10 lbs)

The only bummer was it rained on Friday and Saturday morning which kept customers from coming to our demo day. Even though it was raining in town, the conditions were excellent about 5000'

Nonetheless, Dan Bush & Matt Losey put the Viper to the test. Dan doing what he does best - Chute Climbing and Matt crazy sidehilling & technical maneuvers. The official video will have to wait for the next edition of TS, but we will post more pictures and videos this week from the trip.

For now, here are a few pics

20140508_102436_zps6400280a.jpg

20140508_113018_zps6a763a11.jpg

20140510_165728_zpsaf4a370e.jpg

Last edited:

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
talk about co*ktease. Where are some more pics. Sounds like you guys had a good time and running good. That thing has to be absolutely ripping at 14 pds boost. As I mentioned in Snowandmud, I usually run the ce tracks on my turbo yammis and this powder claw is new to me. Hoping it does ok and holds up. Only thing I'm looking to do to my viper is baker skid, cr running boards and possibly new front end. Def gonna ditch the floats though as well.

How much dirt did you have to run on. I did that 1 year and won't do it again. Sure trashes up the skid and hard on the sled, but some of the best spring snow we ever rode on though.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
talk about co*ktease. Where are some more pics. Sounds like you guys had a good time and running good. That thing has to be absolutely ripping at 14 pds boost. As I mentioned in Snowandmud, I usually run the ce tracks on my turbo yammis and this powder claw is new to me. Hoping it does ok and holds up. Only thing I'm looking to do to my viper is baker skid, cr running boards and possibly new front end. Def gonna ditch the floats though as well.

How much dirt did you have to run on. I did that 1 year and won't do it again. Sure trashes up the skid and hard on the sled, but some of the best spring snow we ever rode on though.

Sorry man - I still have to go through the pictures and edit the videos.

Personally, I love the Power Claw Track. It is durable, has traction in virtually any condition and is not too hairy coming down hill. Many guys like a 3" track and I am sure there are conditions where a 3" is better, but for my money, it is the best all around track on the market (IMHO).

For rear suspension, the Kmod with Raptors Rocks! Coilover Raptors in the front allow the sled to come up on edge easier than the floats and are a dream on the rough trails. There were a lot of Kmods between the Thunderstruck guys, Wkms and us.

When we first arrived, maybe 100 yds total of dirt. The last day it was up to about 1/4 mile in and out of dirt - towing another sled.... The engine water temp never rose above 170 deg F. The guy I was towing used his backpack for a shield to protect from the rocks being thrown at him. It took an hour to clean the sleds when we got back, but no real damage.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
i was there, you should spread the word more to the people there about demoing your sled. i missed out.

We wish as well. Like I said, Friday was pure rain in town - so bad that most of the guys stayed back. The few guys that did venture out said they had an epic day. Saturday looked the same - rain in town, but epic on top.

Premium Features