• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 98 XLT mod sled build - update.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Hi Guys, I made a quick video on my XLT mods and upgrades:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShS_thJgvVI

Some of the things I have done:

Removed running board and front cooler, installed tunnel cooler from summit
installed fabcraft running boards
psi pipes
larger main jets
waiting for clutch kits
159 track
137 rev suspension with home made rail extensions
19t top gear
powermadd risers
carbon fiber hood and side panels and airbox
rev seat
removed old seat and most of the seat base
lots of other things.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Running bad because it has no air box and vent lines to carbs are unhooked so float bowl pressure is incorrect. Also no canisters on the pipes doesnt help.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
If it's running bad now I can't wait to see it run with everything connected! It actually runs very nice.

Managed to get the pipes to fit in, cut the top of the shock tower off - it was added to "make room for the xtra 12 suspension" but there is no way that shock ever goes up in that space and it is obvious if you take a good look at it. So off it went and now the pipes fit. Had to cut a new exhaust outlet hole and the front bumper mount will have to be relocated as the pipe came in contact with it.

Pics soon.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
If it's running bad now I can't wait to see it run with everything connected! It actually runs very nice.

I just mean that its rich, once you get the airbox and the can on the idle will come down it it will run much crisper.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
X2, I think maybe those are the PSI modblaster pipes that have the silencers built into them.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Ya i figure it will come down once the airbox is installed, just getting an SLP airbox now.

The pipes have a downpipe that I just installed, it makes them quieter as well, this thing does run very well. can;t wait to see how the clutch kits work.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
X2, I think maybe those are the PSI modblaster pipes that have the silencers built into them.

your right, the silencer was built into the pipe on those but they also had a short exit pipe that ran out of the pan, makes them notably quieter. Still a goofy design to this day, but they made decent power.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Ya they look goofy for sure, like spaghetti coming out the back of the pipes.

Premium Features