• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Y pipe 800cc C-Tec2

J
Feb 5, 2018
Hello!

I´m thinking of changing out my Y pipe for an aftermarket one and have some questions.

Is it true that the stock Y pipe manifold is 2mm smaller than the outlet of the cylinder? if so does anyone knows why?

Is it true that you don´t need a power commander if you only change the Y pipe?

Does only changing the Y pipe makes a difference? I do understand that changing the whole exhaust system is going to make a lot more. I live in Sweden and during the last couple of years a lot of complains have been made due to the increase in sound level (for most part) an aftermarket exhaust makes. so I want the look and sound as close to stock as possible
smile.gif

Feel free to post your thoughts, pros and cons on different Y pipe brands and so on
smile.gif

P

Pol72

Dec 24, 2011
Saskatoon Sask Canada
I spoke with Eric from Speed Shop Inc on the phone yesterday. He said they had great results with the Y pipe. 5-7hp overall with 9hp in the midrange with just bolting it on. No fuel controller needed. The stock mapping will adjust for this and Reeds if you wanted to add those also. Bang for your buck that is very cheap HP on a bolt on and ride item. I believe there is a dyno video of this ypipe I found on YouTube also showing these results on a live dyno run. I am ordering ypipe and boysen reeds for my sled. Just thought I would pass on the info I received on my call.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
not sure on the ctech, but on the zuke model the tubes are a little fatter than stock whereas the stock y is matched to the port size, not smaller. I believe that adds the better low-mid snap but am skeptical on what that does to top end. welds are not so smooth on these unless things have changed, spend a little time inside it with your Dremel. thread lock your manifold bolts and keep an eye on them, I lost half of mine in 500 miles.

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
I know speedwerx claims no significant gain and will not sell separate. Hard to believe just y pipe makes that much hp.

Hoss

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I know speedwerx claims no significant gain and will not sell separate. Hard to believe just y pipe makes that much hp.

Hoss

The Speedwerx y may not gain as much don't know, but I do know guys that have added SSI bolt on parts and have see decent gains.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SSI Y pipe ctec 8000

Hello!

I´m thinking of changing out my Y pipe for an aftermarket one and have some questions.

Is it true that the stock Y pipe manifold is 2mm smaller than the outlet of the cylinder? if so does anyone knows why?

Is it true that you don´t need a power commander if you only change the Y pipe?

Does only changing the Y pipe makes a difference? I do understand that changing the whole exhaust system is going to make a lot more. I live in Sweden and during the last couple of years a lot of complains have been made due to the increase in sound level (for most part) an aftermarket exhaust makes. so I want the look and sound as close to stock as possible
smile.gif

Feel free to post your thoughts, pros and cons on different Y pipe brands and so on
smile.gif

Yes, the stock manifold is 48mm i.d. and the stock outlet on the cylinder is 50mm.
I don't know what other companies results are or aren't, but we picked up a pile of power in the mid range 8-9, and a solid 4-5 lb/ft of torque. And 5 more peak hp. We recommend adding more weight to the clutch with our Y pipe to harness the extra power.

Attachments

• Y PIPE 8000 smaller b.jpg
    Y PIPE 8000 smaller b.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 214
F
Nov 5, 2017
Nevada
Yes, the stock manifold is 48mm i.d. and the stock outlet on the cylinder is 50mm.
I don't know what other companies results are or aren't, but we picked up a pile of power in the mid range 8-9, and a solid 4-5 lb/ft of torque. And 5 more peak hp. We recommend adding more weight to the clutch with our Y pipe to harness the extra power.

Is there a dyno video of this?
Hot engine doing long pulls ect? I'd like the pulls to be like dynoport's pulls showing the "claimed" hp on the skidoo 850s
The video is on YouTube.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dynotech will be posting results this fall.

No dyno tricks here. The motor runs off of the thermostat while running on the dyno.

If it didn't work, we wouldn't suggest adding more clutch weight to harness the extra power and torque. It works

Premium Features