• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tki belt drive for 18 MC ?

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Got mine on order. Tom is the man!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

H

Heypal

Nov 26, 2007
Paynesville, MN
Since its slow in the ascender forum I'll post up a pic of my brandy new mountain kitty. Just unloaded it and snapped a pic. Gonna put a cat skid plate & tether on it. Got my fancy TKI brake resi protector and Diamond S can. Anyway... here it is

They are beauties! Thanks for sharing!

717 bren

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 18, 2017
" The 717 "
Does anybody have one of these installed? Would like to see an installed pic and hear some ride reports.
Yes I finished mine up Monday and test ran it on the stand . Really awesome to fill the shop with 2-stroke ! Will have to run it and get it good and warm to fine tune belt adjustment
412d3ff89bca297a0849bcb2efd2a876.jpg
d749194c32b6ee2aabfec13a66199a00.jpg
073a0270a2feaa4c66e05cd0e130f2a1.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
You get up way to early bren. Looks really nice, can't wait to see it in action!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

J
Jan 12, 2017
SK
Was at TKI yesterday and snapped a picture of the display model so you guys could see what it looks like assembled. The extra port in the top of the pump housing is to bleed air out when it is filled.

So is there a place to install the low oil sensor in that plastic tank? Or do you just deal with the light being on all the time?

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
So is there a place to install the low oil sensor in that plastic tank? Or do you just deal with the light being on all the time?

I believe if the sensor is unplugged the light never comes on. I cant remember for sure but I don't think I ever had a light stay on when I didn't have the sensor.

717 bren

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 18, 2017
" The 717 "
I believe if the sensor is unplugged the light never comes on. I cant remember for sure but I don't think I ever had a light stay on when I didn't have the sensor.
That is correct , with the sensor unplugged the light stays off . You could take the sensor and the rubber seal and put it in the plastic tank , I don't know why you would

J
Jan 12, 2017
SK
Anybody installed this kit on the early release sno pro? Or will that be a different set up due to the different(not hollow) jackshaft, etc.? I like the quality look of this kit compared to c3 or mvm kit, so I would hope it works for my early release model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

tbpatten33

Jul 18, 2011
Check your ER jackshaft, mine has the new lightweight shaft in it. Tom is aware of the differences though so if you don’t have the new lightweight jackshaft he can still get you setup.

Anybody installed this kit on the early release sno pro? Or will that be a different set up due to the different(not hollow) jackshaft, etc.? I like the quality look of this kit compared to c3 or mvm kit, so I would hope it works for my early release model.

J
Jan 12, 2017
SK
Check your ER jackshaft, mine has the new lightweight shaft in it. Tom is aware of the differences though so if you don’t have the new lightweight jackshaft he can still get you setup.

Really dumb question, my sled is in storage still so I haven’t looked yet, but how did you tell you had the lightweight shaft without pulling apart the chain case,etc.? Or is that the only way? Obviously the driveshaft should be easy to tell if it’s aluminum or not just by looking at it.

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Really dumb question, my sled is in storage still so I haven’t looked yet, but how did you tell you had the lightweight shaft without pulling apart the chain case,etc.? Or is that the only way? Obviously the driveshaft should be easy to tell if it’s aluminum or not just by looking at it.
I asked Tom about it and he told me just to send him the part number which is stamped on the Jack shaft. it also matters If your driveshaft is aluminum or steel. Black is steel silver is aluminum

J
Jan 12, 2017
SK
I asked Tom about it and he told me just to send him the part number which is stamped on the Jack shaft. it also matters If your driveshaft is aluminum or steel. Black is steel silver is aluminum

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

H
Jan 13, 2016
Norway, kirkenes
Has anyone gotten a tki belt drive for there 18 MC ? I've been trying since August and all I get from Tom is a bunch of excuses and broken promises . I'm about ready to call C3 . Any info would be very helpful

What is his homepage? i need a belt drive kot asap becouse my chaincase had a shutdown last saturday...

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Anyone know what the weight loss is for the TKI kit? Obviously a lot of it is oil weight but curious if anyone has weighed the parts.

Last edited:
Premium Features