• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My new 19 mtn cat

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
After owning close to 10 since they came out and only one axys. I can pretty confidently say unless you really crash hard you won’t need extra cat A-arms. The axys you most likely will.

I’m putting on the cat pro mountain machined boards.
https://arcticcat-us.shptron.com/p/pro-mtn-machined-boards-narrow-silver?pp=12

I like the. At. Unless as well. Fit is good, and they are priced well and are as finctional as anything else

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
I’d just go with the ‘19 cat skis if you’re going to buy something different. They are nearly identical to a gripper and fit without mods (yes the mods are simple..).

We bought spare A-arms because there were three of us that all bought ‘16 so we didn’t waste a trip if one of us did break one and local Dealer didn’t have one. I think we went through a lower and an upper in three years. They don’t break easy...

Get a spare tie rod...you will bend one...or three.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
At least with the tie rod you can beat it straight with a tire iron and get through the weekend

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I don't think the 19 ski is a direct fit to proclimb/ascender.
Less adjustment then 16 and more than 15....
I’d just go with the ‘19 cat skis if you’re going to buy something different. They are nearly identical to a gripper and fit without mods (yes the mods are simple..).

We bought spare A-arms because there were three of us that all bought ‘16 so we didn’t waste a trip if one of us did break one and local Dealer didn’t have one. I think we went through a lower and an upper in three years. They don’t break easy...

Get a spare tie rod...you will bend one...or three.

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
Doesn’t the 19 have the same spindle as 16 and up? Would have to be a direct fit.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Nope, 2012-2019 spindles are the same at the ski mount.
Can't swap the pre 15 with post 16.

Need spindle bushing, spacers, rubber dampers, and bolt to go with.

Same process for grippers...

19 ski is different from both.

Longer spacer than 15, shorter than 16.

M
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
19' ski (really just the ski) are really cheap vs all others choice. I ordered this. I have this here, i will install soon but listen.. Skis are way better than my 16-18 cat skis, keel are a big upgrade, and its stiffer than my grippers than i installed last season on my 18' mc ( grippers arent stiff and tend to flex and curve like a banana and eat ski stopper bushing)

Before to buying ski stopper bushing, spindle bushing, bolt. I will try the 16-18 parts and look if i can modifie it. I know than a carbides and handle are same

For others thing.
Cans: I have a diamond s and my buddy have slp. Slp are louder than Diamond S. Not a big difference when you are on seat... But if you sit on hill for listen, you will notice it. Diamond s are lighter and smaller.

A-arm : not a bad idea but cat dont eat a arm like poo no need 2 backup sets:face-icon-small-ton

Bumpers: many shop make it but i take Cat accessory front bumper

For the handlebar clean up and brake lever... Munster make a short brake lever, and Speedwerx are way too expensive for what you get. Powermadd throttle block cost 45$ and all others switch(1x for reverse, 1x for kill/stop, 1x for handle warmers, 1x for throttle warmer, if you get only low beam, you are ok if not 1x for hi beam) cost 10$ each, add little time and BOOM

Premium Features