• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spring check Apha1

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
MN dealers get discount for being in MN. Talked to a dealer in ND about it. Even though he was closer to Thief River than some of the MN dealers he didn't get the MN discount.

And that's the kind of answer I was expecting to hear, that there is different dealer pricing based on dealer locality, size, or whatever the circumstances are. That's the only answer that really makes sense. Thank you.

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
Sounds to me like higher then expected alpha one snow checks so far, For those planning on converting i wouldn't hold my breath on getting skids until cat has fulfilled all its snow check orders

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
When i was pulling out of Togwotee this weekend there was a cat truck at the lodge and had a Alpha with them. Skinner Bell spent all day on it yesterday along with Kasy....and they both were impressed. Video of his review on his page. Kinda waited for him to review it before i snow checked mine this week.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
When I snow checked my alpha in northern MN in April, it was 13 out the door with an extra belt added to it. winter can not come soon enough!!!

154 or 165? I couldn't find one cheaper than what I got and I looked in Northern MN and ND.

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
When I snow checked my alpha in northern MN in April, it was 13 out the door with an extra belt added to it. winter can not come soon

Wow, I work part time at my dealer and the paper work I remember seeing, 13 is below dealer cost if I remember correctly

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
When do Artic Cat spring orders usually show up at the dealerships? Im hoping around early-mid October I'll get a call that my new Alpha 165" is ready for pick-up. Why wont the leaves start falling off the trees already...

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
When do Artic Cat spring orders usually show up at the dealerships? Im hoping around early-mid October I'll get a call that my new Alpha 165" is ready for pick-up. Why wont the leaves start falling off the trees already...
Late August, early September for 15xs, october for 16xs

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
My dealer has a hardcore and a snopro already no alphas yet

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
Dealership I'm working for we have some MCs, Sno Pro, and hardcore so far. 13k out the door is a pretty good price.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Nice, over $2k less than what i paid....

Yep - absolutely BS. I don't understand how these manufacturers think their sleds are worth 5k more than they were 5 years ago. Are there more components in them now, NO. If anything there is less material as they weigh 30-50 lbs less than they were, lol ....... my thin bent up tail extension is proof.

They will keep upping the prices until sales fall off and a lot of customers say enough. Sign of the times I guess.

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
Yep - absolutely BS. I don't understand how these manufacturers think their sleds are worth 5k more than they were 5 years ago. Are there more components in them now, NO. If anything there is less material as they weigh 30-50 lbs less than they were, lol ....... my thin bent up tail extension is proof.

They will keep upping the prices until sales fall off and a lot of customers say enough. Sign of the times I guess.

How do you come up with $5k in 5 years. I paid nearly identical price for my 2019 Alpha as I did for my 2016 LTD. 3 years, no price increase. So a '14 M8000 LTD 153" could be bought OTD for $8k?

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
Did a little looking...

Apples to as similar apples possible: 2014 Sno Pro LTD is pretty darn close to the current 2019 base sno pro.

2014 MSRP: $12,749
2019 MSRP: $13,099

To your point, 2014 "top of the line sled" (Sno Pro LTD) compared to 5 year's later top of the line sled (Alpha), we're at $2K, not $5K:

2014: $12,749
2019: $14,699

"should cost less because there's less components/weight". hahahahaha! R&D is EXPENSIVE when you do it in an actual business atmosphere. Yes, many of you tinker around and build some pretty cool stuff that is very innovative and consider it "cheap", but now do it while paying the engineers $xxx,xxx/yr in pay and benefits, ship the product all around the world for testing, pay the test riders, either produce or have a supplier produce one-off parts at ridiculous costs, and then go into a several year test cycle for that product all while adjusting your manufacturing plant and processes to accommodate building hundreds of them in the EXACT same way with a very low failure rate to minimize scrap, warranty, and other costs.

That doesn't even begin to mention the soft costs of supplier agreements, testing supplier quality, battling regulatory hurdles, and appeasing the millennial workforce that's putting this all together and making it work. I'm shocked the prices are where they are...surely don't want to spend more, but considering there are bicycles (yes, the kind without a motor) that cost very similar to a new snowmobile I think we are getting a damn good value for the product. I can't believe the can make these things this light, yet this durable, all the while being very reliable.

B
Feb 21, 2016
MN
I went with a 165, the 154 would have been close to $13,000.

Oh I see! I thought about going with a 165 but I ride in the YOOPER a lot!. Ya 13 is not to bad! I read some where that someone got a alpha 154 for 12800 out the door because they didn't take any of of the ascentives!

Premium Features