• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summertime Blues

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Mainly doing some shock work on mine. The older I get, the more I value a good ride/handling compared to more horsepower!
I had C27 Shock Doc add EVOL chambers to the fronts and a Hygear dual chamber for the rear skid shock. Then had him re-valve the low speed rebound valving to better match the lower air pressures that I run.
For the front skid shock, I noticed that the shock sleeve was getting chipped/dinged up from having to ride on gravel to get to the snow. So I added a bellows boot to the front skid shock to help protect it from stone damage.

Attachments

• IMG_3389.jpg
    IMG_3389.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3393.jpg
    IMG_3393.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3391.jpg
    IMG_3391.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3361.jpg
    IMG_3361.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 47
U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
very nice set up, I too really appreciate a well set up suspension, i m curious, when you say he adjusted the low speed re bound, did he speed it up to make up for the less air/spring rebound pushing back causing packing? i am a big fan of air shocks for their easy adjustability, and weight savings but no matter my sled or my bikes im always searching for that perfect set up in the low speed initial part of the stroke that allows you to smooth out the little stuff completely yet still supports proper ride height and stability against body roll in corners. Something that im thinking we will surely have to keep under control on our alphas.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Hmmmmm.
e953cf0291906ad760f414c8a5069b35.jpg

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
very nice set up, I too really appreciate a well set up suspension, i m curious, when you say he adjusted the low speed re bound, did he speed it up to make up for the less air/spring rebound pushing back causing packing? i am a big fan of air shocks for their easy adjustability, and weight savings but no matter my sled or my bikes im always searching for that perfect set up in the low speed initial part of the stroke that allows you to smooth out the little stuff completely yet still supports proper ride height and stability against body roll in corners. Something that im thinking we will surely have to keep under control on our alphas.

Yes, that's correct. Looking forward to trying it out next season to see how she rides/handles. There is a noticeable difference when pushing down on the bumper in the shop, it returns to the normal ride height quicker then before.

Because the shock can extend a little quicker, I'm thinking that it may be a little easier to initiate a side hill in firmer/hard snow. Due to the downhill ski being able to push off on the snow better.
He did map the valving on the shocks. So if we need to make a change after I ride it, we have a good starting point to work from if need be.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
For those of you that sat on the Alpha, what stops the rear scissor from hitting the apex of the skid frame? Doesn't look to be much suspension travel if they have something to stop it from hitting? One would think they would have notched a radius in that location and placed a concave rubber stop in there? I am sure they designed it not to hit? Mike

Premium Features