• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

honda crf 450 x jetting help

P
Nov 16, 2017
like to get some help with jetting fist time with running snow bike it all stock no mod to motor and open exhast I will be elevation about 1000 to 2000 above see level or any other mods would be helpful

F
May 17, 2008
What year?

I ran a 05 crf450r as a snowbike i bought the jd jet kit and it worked awesome with thier suggested jets
I sold that bike i think i have the winter jet kit still
Where are you located?
I did run a avid thermostat and carb heater as well

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
I would go with a PST intake/thermo/carb heat, JD kit as mentioned, and a remote adjustable fuel screw is key! Allows you to fine tune as elevation / humidity change.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
two of my riding partners have had honda sno bikes. they ran same jetting year around, no issues.
As far as carb heat...if you have an engine cover I think the 4 stroke should be fine with freezing... I have had friends that only had an issue here and there over a few years... They let it idle for a second no issue... But we are in Utah...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Motogeek33

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2009
North Idaho
I rode a carbed WR for 5 seasons and only had icing on one day when the conditions were a certain way -- temp was around 10F, snow was fluffy and I had broken trail up a road for several miles, so it was a hard pull in fresh snow for about 25 minutes.

As for jetting, all I did was install a fuel screw that I could tweak while the bike was running, but once that was set I pretty much never touched it. I also changed out my exhaust tip for winter, so I also bumped up the main jet one size.

Four strokes aren't nearly as finicky with carburation as the smokers.

Premium Features