• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

17 Ts120 TSS????

M

MountainRider05

Nov 29, 2007
Kennewick,WA
Just putting my 17 Ts120 with tss back on the bike.. noticed some slop in the TSS bolt where it connects to the track when i pick up on the back of the kit. Is this normal or anybody else hav this problem?? Thanks

BendBrapp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2015
I found that all of the spacers for the shock were not machined correctly last season. I flipped my TSS shock so I could go back to a stock intake box easier. I had a machinist make all new spacers.
83364025b8294290f1178fe0db928d77.jpg

M

MountainRider05

Nov 29, 2007
Kennewick,WA
I found that all of the spacers for the shock were not machined correctly last season. I flipped my TSS shock so I could go back to a stock intake box easier. I had a machinist make all new spacers.
83364025b8294290f1178fe0db928d77.jpg

Hmm not machined correct seems like the problem.. seems BS.. ill have to see about machining something up! Thanks

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
I think your problem is the lower strut rod bolt and its fit through the welded timbersled backbone. The bolt is a slightly loose fit to the holes, i.e. 3/8 bolt, holes are slightly bigger. any small slop between the bolt and the lower strut mounting holes will add up to a huge amount of movement at the back bumper. I always snug the bolt and then do a final tighten once the bike is weighted sitting on the floor. I think I remember they even suggested this in the instructions. I'm still running a 2014 kit and mine has gotten really sloppy over the years. its kinda sucky but not really that big a deal. just don't let the bolt get loose on ya or those holes will get pounded out faster and bigger.

M

MountainRider05

Nov 29, 2007
Kennewick,WA
I think your problem is the lower strut rod bolt and its fit through the welded timbersled backbone. The bolt is a slightly loose fit to the holes, i.e. 3/8 bolt, holes are slightly bigger. any small slop between the bolt and the lower strut mounting holes will add up to a huge amount of movement at the back bumper. I always snug the bolt and then do a final tighten once the bike is weighted sitting on the floor. I think I remember they even suggested this in the instructions. I'm still running a 2014 kit and mine has gotten really sloppy over the years. its kinda sucky but not really that big a deal. just don't let the bolt get loose on ya or those holes will get pounded out faster and bigger.

Yes that's exactly what im talking about!! Guess i never noticed before.. ill try snugging again once it's weighted on floor.. ya i can see that hole getting egged out over time!

Premium Features