• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear brake

Snowman269

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2010
CO, MN, MI
Not 100% sure I understand your question, but I'll take a guess. :spider:

I chose to have the Brake on the Handle bar, so I could stand next to the bike and hold the brake to keep track from rolling if I was in a gnarly spot. Also in case I needed to hold the brake in the off chance I have to kick start bike.

S
Mar 8, 2008
I'm going to figure out a way to have both.

I have rode dirt bikes forever and cannot make myself only use the front brake lever. Saturday I dang near fell over twice reaching for the foot brake. Street bikes have dual master cylinders and dual brake lines going to one lever. Shouldn't be big deal to put two lines to one rear brake caliper. Then either would work

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah

I have rode dirt bikes forever and cannot make myself only use the front brake lever. Saturday I dang near fell over twice reaching for the foot brake. Street bikes have dual master cylinders and dual brake lines going to one lever. Shouldn't be big deal to put two lines to one rear brake caliper. Then either would work

I found myself doing that too Sunday. I remember doing it at the beginning of last year also. You get used to it really quickly though and it’s not a problem at all. Then, your first dirtbike ride of the year is sketchy when you mash your front brake!

D
Mar 29, 2010
I found that when racing snowcross I was hunting for the foot brake instinctively. Other than that, hand brake is the way to go. Rekluse offers a dual splitter as well.

R
Apr 18, 2016
I like the brake on the bars, zero issues getting used to last year. If I was to run both I'd probably head to a hose fittings and maybe find a way to stack two hoses on a double banjo bolt at the rear master.

AK1000

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Anchortown
If you ride any kind of powder or tight trees you have to have the brake on the bars. Sidehilling or pushing snow would hit a foot lever and lose all you momentum. I go over the bars all the time as it is, I don’t need something else stopping me unexpectedly.

scottbilt95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
golden, colorado
scottbiltracing.us
dual brakes

this might work for you:

https://rekluse.com/product/brake-kit-dual-actuated/

being an ex-motocrosser, i want the foot pedal but there are times where a hand lever has it's advantages. i've never had a foot pedal get caught on something but i suppose it's possible. have a used one for a 2014 yz450f (should fit some other models as well) that will be posted in the swap meet in a day or so. switching bike brands and the rear master cylinders are unfortunately different.

Premium Features