• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 800r HIT A LOG. FIXED AND SKI IS OFF SET FROM OTHER SKI

G
Nov 28, 2007
american fork utah
Has any body hit a somethink and had the dealer tell you that you will have a 4500 doller bill to fix it. that sucks!!!! bad design by ski doo
i repaired the parts that were bent and the right ski is obout 1 1/2 shorter
i would like to know if anybody has tried a come a long to try to pull it back out

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Apparently you did not get it all fixed then--The nun is still not right--bent. You can buy the pieces and fix it yourself and get the ski back where it belongs. Something has to bend when you hit something hard--it is how they designed the sled.

H20SKE...

Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
when you say you repaired the parts? I am guessing the a-arms. Did you check your bulkhead, or the tunne? My guess is something else is bent that you are not seeing

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Has any body hit a somethink and had the dealer tell you that you will have a 4500 doller bill to fix it. that sucks!!!! bad design by ski doo
i would like to know if anybody has tried a come a long to try to pull it back out

you could try a shorter ski!:beer;

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
All the bulkhead parts and fasteners to replace everything back to the engine is about $300 and 8 hours in the shop if you do it yourself. If you pay a dealer it will likely be an insurance total if you have insurance.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL

BAD DESIGN?

I am like 99.99% sure that Ski Doo did NOT design these sleds to hit trees/logs.

So to be b1tching and moaning about bad design is pretty $hitty. It sucks to hit something but it is part of the game we play.

You might snap some pics so we can see what you are talking about.

G
Nov 28, 2007
american fork utah
I guess my ***** is yea the are not made to hit logs but let the a arm bend let the shock bend. but to have the tunnel give like that it just not right I was going about 15mph on the flats. The A arm did not bend! on the new xp they made the a arms bend like they are suppose to polaris and arctic cat dont bend the tunnel on miner hits it is a bad design

S

sledin

Nov 27, 2007
san jose CA
BAD DESIGN?

I am like 99.99% sure that Ski Doo did NOT design these sleds to hit trees/logs.

So to be b1tching and moaning about bad design is pretty $hitty. It sucks to hit something but it is part of the game we play.

You might snap some pics so we can see what you are talking about.

AMEN TO THAT Milehighassasin!!

B
Nov 28, 2007
Highwood Mt
The nun is designed to bend first before anything else and the dealer who is charging you 4500.00 is raping you! One day job 300.00 in parts but bottom line is it needs a nun.

T
Nov 21, 2007
i hit a rock last year and bent nun and a arm all to hell.....1000 bones at dealer and new a arm and new nun and 6 hour labor charge..good as new. 4500? go to different dealer!

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
Hit a tree in mid air last year and replaced my "NUN" for about $300.00 and about 7 hours of work (I am not the most mechanicaly inclined individual) That offset really does point to it bending. Did bend my fox shock, but those A-arms were as true as they could be. Followed the NUN replacement up with a Holz front end and we were good to go.

B
Dec 21, 2006
Wow, the dealer is always the bad guy. We are not getting all of the info here. Bad design, then the tunnel. A dealer will give you an estimate to get it back to original condition. If you choose not to do that,it is your choice.

skippyh2o

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2005
Bonney Lake
www.hidsource.com
Here's what you do, son.

If you have to replace the "cross member" (AKA-bulkhead) you need to replace the flat support in front of the motor also. if it is tweaked at all it will put the bulkhead in a offset position and you will never track straight again.....:eek:

It is called the "front pan" and dont forget the two nut inserts for the sway bar on the right side (pass). BRP # 293450166 QTY=2. Happy riveting, buy a pnuematic riveter, it will be so much easier. :p

C
Nov 26, 2007
1 1/2 inches is nothing. Tie the ski leg with a long chain to the nearest tree and put that bad boy in reverse. A few quik tugs and it will be good to go. I am pretty sure that is why Doo has reverse on the rev.
Mine was off about 10 inches and was a total. I bought it in that condition from a wrecking yard and installed a new nun and some small parts for around 500 bones.

Crasher

R
Nov 26, 2007
In all seriousness Gostrider you need to look very closely at the upright portion of the tunnel along each side of the motor. The PTO side does not usually bend as readily as the MAG side due to the placement of the steel motor mount against the tunnel upright. Now the MAG side behind the silencer is another story. It may not be just the nun bent but part of the tunnel/bulkhead also. Remember, if any of the bulkhead is bent it will transfer into motor/clutch alignment issues or track alignment issues or both. I wound up making a plate for the 06 that went in behind the silencer, only after totaling the 07 and discovering the weak spot in the tunnel upright. Not bashing design, I really like our Ski-doos. The 07 will get a CF Tunnel shortly thanks to Carbondaddy.

Premium Features