• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Garmin rhino 650

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Great little piece of equipment to have with, and even better if guys in your group have them too.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I'm gonna try to get a few other guys to buy also

It's definitely worth getting a few other to buy them as well. these things have paid for themselves several times!!! Being able to communicate via radio, see each other on the screen and track where you have been, it's pretty cool!!!

We also downloaded topographical maps which also helps a ton for navigation.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
My crew has had mixed results with them. No doubt the ability to locate your buddy pretty much pays for the device, but mine as well as few others in my crew have had issues with them. I get random reboots, sometimes it powers off even when locked. I've tried keeping it in a front pocket, and I have chest harness as well. Maybe it's something about PacNW elements wet 32/33 degree snow. We've yet to find a good headset to use them handsfree.

This season we've all switched to BCA Link radios. I'll still bring the Garmin but it'll probably reside in my handlebar bag for tracking purposes only.

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
Great units, I have the older 530CX and it still works 100% to this day, almost 5 years old! Its been sledding, hunting and whatever other outdoor sports needs some sort of mapping/radio. Great battery life, good radio range and as mentioned, easy to find your buddy just from their radio transmission.....Sherm

Premium Features