• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1991 Indy 500 classic rear suspention

S
Feb 7, 2013
Hello,

I have recently bought a 1991 Indy 500 classic, it seems that the rear suspension is very low and looks as if it is way lower then the front of the sled. When i ride it is very close to the ground and even in the shallowest of powder i get stuck. Is there anyway i could raise the suspension without totally replacing the whole rear skid? There's a knob under the tunnel to to adjust the suspension and i turned it all the way up but it didn't help at all... so any ideas will help :D
i am new to snowmobiling so i dont know much :eek:

Last edited:
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Any chance you can post a picture or two?

There were some different suspensions used and they vary a little bit on how to adjust them. As for a '91, it may not have that much "lift" available without adding some drop brackets where the rear mounts bolt to the tunnel.

S
Nov 28, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
I'm not sure about the classic but I can't imagine that it is much different than any other 91 500 or any other indy around that year. If you look at the suspension mounts (front mounts and rear mounts of rear suspenssion)there should be two sets of holes, one set higher than the other. The bottom rear mount will most likely be a drop bracket that has the mounting hole below the running boards. The suspension will be installed in one set of them. If it is in the higher (top)set of holes drop it to the lower one. If this doesn't work I would suggest checking the shock and springs. The old indys never did sit that high but it should sit higher than you explained.

Last edited:
Premium Features