• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How ya liking the 2011 M8 std rear shock?

B

Bullcamp

Dec 6, 2007
WY
Just wondering how you guys with the coil over rear shock in the standard M8 are liking the suspension. I just bought a take-off and am hoping I made the right choice.
Thanks

B

Bullcamp

Dec 6, 2007
WY
Thanks guys. I don't have any manual information. Is there a recommendation as far as weight to how many threads are showing on the shock? Catrutt, you think all the way out is the way to go? How is the rebound? Coming off the float any at all would step in the right direction. :face-icon-small-coo

B

Bullcamp

Dec 6, 2007
WY
So I've got the new M8 standard coilover shock in and guess what? It actually goes up and down like a real live suspension. Riding this weekend and I'll update how it works.

B

Bullcamp

Dec 6, 2007
WY
Like it much better. First time I've ridden the sled that it didn't look like a low-rider. Road it with about half the thread showing this trip but going to loosen it somemore before the next ride. It seems plenty firm where it is now. I can't believe arctic put that lousy air shocks on in the first place...
After riding mine we're looking for one for my buddies 08 too.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Are you talking the rear skid shock? Part of the reason is fad, the float evol x sounds like it works pretty well. I think if ridden really hard you might see shock fade with std. shock but that's just valving and maybe an oil upgrade.

Last edited:
Premium Features