• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EXTREMELY MODDED WEDGES

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
That is some interesting info, I know that hoods direct cooling on an engine in some circumstances. I am making a carbon fiber hood that will work the same but be much lighter. Not sure how they'd move the engine back any more, getting close to the bulkhead. Tuning a sled is time consuming and expensive - but fun! Thanks for watching and your comments.

C

chadkrump

May 26, 2008
Amenia ND
1993 Storm 151"

Well I guess I will post some pics, finally got my seat today and the sled is finished and will be tested in Michigan tomorrow... lol A lot of custom work and custom parts and aftermarket parts, it would actually be easier to tell what is still stock... hahahaha

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

it started out its life when I got it like this two years ago... lol

IMG00072-20100403-1752.jpg

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
looks great spencer do you have the front strap pulled in tight?? the front of the skid looks higher than the skis.

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
looks great spencer do you have the front strap pulled in tight?? the front of the skid looks higher than the skis.

I was wondering the same thing. Yes the limiter strap is in pretty tight. I wrote a post asking about the adjustment for that. When the sled is on the ground the attack angle is about perfect but I wanted it set up best for pow. We took the sled up last weekend to tune but fogot to play with the suspension settings because the snow was so heavy.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
you might run in to the same problem that I have, i made the rail extensions too long so the angle of attack of the track is too steep - it is like a giant brick wall in front of your sled - and you notice it when in the powder. I thought I could pull in my strap more but that just put more weight on your skis in the powder and that is not good either.

I have a rev xp suspension that is coupled and crappy in deep powder so I will ditch it and put a 163 timbersled in it with an xcr800 motor this summer.

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
you might run in to the same problem that I have, i made the rail extensions too long so the angle of attack of the track is too steep - it is like a giant brick wall in front of your sled - and you notice it when in the powder. I thought I could pull in my strap more but that just put more weight on your skis in the powder and that is not good either.

I have a rev xp suspension that is coupled and crappy in deep powder so I will ditch it and put a 163 timbersled in it with an xcr800 motor this summer.

Its hard to tell on mine because its up on the dolly right now but the attack angle once its flat on the ground is almost right on. We talked about letting the strap out a little but forgot. When we had the skid in and out we had the straps out and the angle was dead on. I'll take some pics of it on the ground with the straps out to give you a better idea of what it looks like.

S

Skummit670monster

Jan 16, 2011
Great Falls MT
Mountain "Monstor" Jr.

id like to introduce the very first sled i rode on when i was 4 years old. Im 21 now and it is currently in my hands.

when my uncle had it "Exxxtreme attitude" was its name
94 polaris xlt
tough boy kit
slp tripples (9500 rpms all weekend long)
slp head domes
136" w/ 2" paddles
chain case dropped 3" and rolled 2-1/4"
2" riser, and many other things
custom paint job done in '96, stripped paint off and polished tunnel

I got the sled when i was 12 years old when i out grew my '86 phazer with a 136.

when the crank went (16 years old) we made some changes and its the same today.

Monstor Jr. is her current name. a friend of my uncle has an ultra with an 809. thats Monstor Sr.

670 rotax w/ oil injection still
crankshop pipes
polaris primary
6" pivot riser
early 00's polaris seat and tank
2002 RMK skid.
still original trailing arms, front suspention rods, hood with original paint job from 96, original chassis, and i rode it hard almost every weekend. Then the PTO rod bearing went and wiped out the crank, head, and piston. So im transplanting the non H.O. 670 out of my summit into it. It's been ported and a few other doodads done by Precision out of ID Falls. stock pipe, unknown can, and stock air box, made 150 hp at the crank.

l_035cd1f6d0e37c6155f3dfc459a6c330.jpg unc and me2.jpg unc and me.jpg JR2.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features