• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EXTREMELY MODDED WEDGES

M
Jul 9, 2009
my mod sled

Here’s my 93 XLT SP
List of mods include
-144” Edge RMK Skid
-2” Series IV Polaris track
-Two Wheel Kit
-97 680 Ultra SPX engine
-8 tooth drivers
-geared and clutched for boondocking
-SLP Triple Pipes and silencer
-2006 Fusion HO Seat and Tank
-RSI 5” pivot riser,2”Chormally Rise bar, High temp heaters, handguards with race Flares
-VanAmburg Tunnel Ext and LED tail light in rear bumper
-Simmons Ski’s
-extra 10 Front suspension with custom light weight radius and tie rods
the list could go on and on, i honestly don't think there is much on this sled that hasn't been changed short of doing a D&R with a customer tunnel(next year...lol) but the items i listed are the big changes

DSC01319.jpg

DSC01322.jpg

DSC01337.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

DSC01328.jpg

DSC01330.jpg

DSC01332.jpg

Last edited:
F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
'91 500 Indy.......

I decided to rebuild my wife's sled this year.......
utf-8BNTAwIC0gNzAwIGhvb2QgZml0LmpwZw.jpg
utf-8BNTAwIC0gNzAwIEVkZ2UgU2VhdCBpbnN0YWxsZWQuanBn.jpg
utf-8BNTAwIC0gNzAwIGNsdXRjaCB2ZW50LmpwZw.jpg
utf-8BNTAwIC0gNzAwIGVuZ2luZSBib2x0ZWQgaW4uanBn.jpg

2000 XtraLite rear suspension
144x16x2 track
2" rider forward steering mount
engine upgrade.....50% increase in power.....

M
Jul 9, 2009
Fordman, I like that vent you have by your clutches. I might have to look into doing something like that. Lord knows I like cutting holes in my sled:) lol

R
Dec 9, 2007
albany ny
1991 indy 500

Totally modded for H20xing Carls Cycle full mod , bored carbs , Crank Shop twins, Reprogrammed ignition, 133"x 1" track ,133 skid w/ custom shocks, SlyDog big wheel kit,Extroverts, hollowed drive shaft, Team 2ndary, 3qt fuel tank premix only,Predator handlebars ,2 xtra coolers, I can run 2 diff hoods also The stock wedge or a GenII from Mtn Fit Hoods. The helmet is cutom too:face-icon-small-hap

Pic008_edited (Custom).JPG sledfreak avatar.jpg Pic032.jpg Picture 044.jpg

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Done mine, except for the CF hood that I will do later this year.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
lol, was just looking at my pics and came to the same conclusion - but that will be next summers project. As it is right now I'll probably not even see 2 feet of snow this winter so it will not be an issue. thanks for the suggestion and keep them coming.

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
I'll have to agree that approach angle is going to cause you problems. Sled turned out looking good. What motor mods did you end up doing to the sled?

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
lol, was just looking at my pics and came to the same conclusion - but that will be next summers project. As it is right now I'll probably not even see 2 feet of snow this winter so it will not be an issue. thanks for the suggestion and keep them coming.

Its going to trench super bad, thats for sure. You need a drop and roll case. and to relocated the skid.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Ya I will do a drop and roll next year, but I will probably buying an XCR800 to either mod or swap the engine into this one, so I will figure it out then. It'll still be ok for around here this season, the tundra approach angle is similar and it does fine. When i built it I was in a tent shelter beside my house with about 2 feet to work on either side so that's just the way it turned out.

Engine mods simple, PSI pipes, 290 jets but I'll be using 300's after todays run, slp airbox coming in the mail. SLP clutch kits in both clutches. 34mm cabrs stock.

Sounds great - video uploading on youtube as I type this:

www.youtube.com/Lshobie is my channel, check under snowmobile fun.

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
Another vid:

Just an fyi, you might want to keep your hood on the sled for it to perform better. I have a bud who has a 96 Ultra with the same pipes (PSI modblasters) and they were doing tuning runs up the hill. run #1 was with the hood on run #2 was with the hood off and they were quite puzzled with the results because even though with the hood off, and it marked higher, the laptop read it was making less power. Their conclusion to the issue was that the sled went higher because there was less weight on the front end(no hood) and even though it was making less power, the lack of weight allowed it to go further. They ended up putting smaller and lighter engine mounts (from some sort of Arctic Cat) and moving the engine back further in the chassis, allowing for less weight on the front end which apparently made all the difference.. These guys are pretty technical when it comes to sleds, this same Ultra could keep up with my buds brand new 10' XP. Not trying to give you a bs story by any means, just my 2 cents.

Premium Features