• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Your opinion needed- run boost bottle or not

Friend gave me a slp boost bottle for my sled 1999 pol 600 big block stock pipe aftermarket can. May pipe it over the summer.
One friend says i'd never notice the diff,, might cause air leak
while another says huge diff especially in mid range

Tell me your experiences should I run it ??? Thanks

H

HPJUNKIE

Nov 5, 2003
Worked great on my '98 with twins. Cleared up the rich mid-range burble.

C

chadkrump

May 26, 2008
Amenia ND
Ive got one on my 97 700 SKS and never really noticed too much difference. it does clean up the mid range thou, or so i have heard...

CK

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
All the 97-01 600-700-800 will run smother off idle and in the 1/4-to just over 1/2 throtle range with it . You can tune around it with out it but it takes a lot of time . By the way all 97 700 had the same timing curve and the 98 xc has that box as well

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
i put one on my 97xc 700 and it helped out a bunch but my brother put one on his 04 edge and he said he couldent tell a difference

Thanks

Thanks for all the INFO I'll think I'll try it! If I dont like it I can always plug the holes back up!

I'll look into the cdi, I'm not sure how to do a side by side comparison with it other than it peaks out at 8K rpm.

Thanks again !!!!!!!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Just be careful.. when it cracks, you will burn down the motor. It wont be if it cracks either.. it will be when.

Thanks

Hmm I dont like the sounds of that !! Just put this motor in a 440 xcr edge because it burned down and they dont make pistons for the 1999 snow cross sled anymore! Just got this jetted close dont want to toast it !

Well he has two a slp and a power madd, Is one tougher than the other??

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
38 pilots and 1371G needle in #3 and jet it 2 sizes leaner on the mains than what Polaris recommends.

Watch the float pins as they egg out the holes. Pins from a 2000 are knurled.

jetting

OK I have the keihn carbs with a 38 pilot needle in either center or up one. The main jetts that were in it were 158 and plugs as white as this background Im up to 185's and its light chocolate. with out the boost bottle. What jetting changes for the bottle?? Thanks for all the help guys !!!

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
What the bottle does is equalize cylinder pressure. You really shouldnt have to rejet with the boost bottle. Just adjust your fuel/air screws.

nn

I run 5500 to 7500 and have been told to ditch my keihin carbs and go to mikuni's on a rail.told the keihin wear out baddly. so might try that wrought where I just trashed my throttle cable zip tie broke and cable got under the steering stopper Not good. Summer project anyway Im going to a 121 2" and fabb'ing a 2006 iqr seat. I raised the bars by putting on mountain max bars(really nice bars).

This sled is so much fun to rip and zip even in 1' of powder and blast through the trees then rail of off cornices I keep parking my dragon and riding this!!!.

Premium Features