• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

chassis relay

J
Jan 6, 2010
i have ben searching trying to find the napa part # for the replacment chassis relay for my 900 any help would be much appreciated thank you

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
alot of guys installed the NAPA relay in their sleds..both 05 and 06 900 and they fried their ECUs...who knows what happened...

some have never had an issue using them...but to me its not worth the risk..

i would get the OEM one...its only like $9-$15 i think...get a spare if you need one just incase if your worried about the OEM being low quality..

B

benamen

Feb 21, 2008
Western Canada
I was having intermittent problems at idle with my display resetting so changed out the chassis relay as thought it was the problem. Started the machine and no power to any lights or display. Replaced my ECU. Somewhere out in my shop is a Napa relay that has been used only once. Anyone want it for cheap. AR274

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I was having intermittent problems at idle with my display resetting so changed out the chassis relay as thought it was the problem. Started the machine and no power to any lights or display. Replaced my ECU. Somewhere out in my shop is a Napa relay that has been used only once. Anyone want it for cheap. AR274

dont want to change the thread..but wanna help you out at the same time..

if you are having gauge issues and idling issues..you need to adjust your TPS, rerplace your TPS harness, and slightly turn up your idle..

**EDIT** or you have a bad relay...

Last edited:
J
Jan 6, 2010
the problem that i am having is i burnt some wires on the hood harness on my pipe and i fixed the wires but still no guages the sled runs fine reverse works fine just have no guages or any other lights i dont understand how a relay can burn a ecu as long as it is the same amp and has all the same terminals the only difference is the oem is a sealed one and most automotive are not i am going to try it because i am going riding this weekend and polaris can not get one till monday and i need for this weekend

B

benamen

Feb 21, 2008
Western Canada
dont want to change the thread..but wanna help you out at the same time..

if you are having gauge issues and idling issues..you need to adjust your TPS, rerplace your TPS harness, and slightly turn up your idle..

or you have a bad capacitor...

Hi Guido
The idle speed was okay, it was just the guage resetting at idle (could have been the lights too but never noticed). The ECU may have been the problem and replacing the relay may just have caused it to fail completely. Will never know and I am not willing to try the NAPA relay with the new ECU.

S

sw

Sep 10, 2009
Minnesota
Try searching this forum with, 'no lights or mfd' then look at post by Heinalanka, some good info there.

J
Jan 6, 2010
put power to relay and it dose not click found one at a polaris dealer in vermont i am just going to wait and get one on my way up to go ride this weekend thank you all once agian for the help

05 tmk 900

Jan 26, 2010
squamish
polaris one better. completely sealed and cheaper than an ecu !
Some things are'nt worth saving on.
If there is a 1% chance I'll fry my cpu to save $15.......

Premium Features