• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do you sell a 900??

P
Jan 6, 2009
Looking for ideas on how to sell my 2006 Polaris 900 166"?? I have had it since it was new, I now have 2500 miles on it. I never get to ride it anymore, chasing kids around now instead. It has been a great sled, I was one of the lucky ones. It has SLP pipe and can, fire and ice clutch vent, and all the exra custom vents to help these babies breath. Never had any belt issues, or any of the other "issues" that I have heard about. It is in a garage all summer and has a cover on it all winter, yes I do baby my sled! It looks great and still runs great. I am just looking for ideas on how to sell it and how much I can ask. I know these sleds have a terrible reputation, but is there still a market for them? Any help would be much appreciated. I live in Preston, Idaho.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Sure you can sell them... they are getting old so any sled from 2006 isn't going to fetch a lot of money regardless of brand. Try posting it on craigslist or in the swapmeet within the next few weeks and you'll have a good bet to get it sold. People who do enough research know exactly what it takes to make a 900 a good sled for cheap and aren't afraid of them since you get a lot of sled for the money. No matter what you do though, you're not going to get a lot for it.

Last edited:

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Swapmeet section for most money and informed buyers. Craigslist never did much but I guess it depends on where ya live..E Bay maybe?
They just don't bring the $$ they used too.

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
How to Sell

Lots of good Pictures, Good Information include Price

Make yourself avaliable to buyer, return calls and Email ASAP.

Post --- Keep Posting it

KSL.com

Craigs list in Multipul Cities

Snowest.

Downs Snowmobile Auction In Boise Idaho in Nov.

D

danduvall

Jan 28, 2010
n.e. ohio
I took my 06 900 SB to a dealer last Feb and they gave me $3800 for it on trade! I was amazed! I paid $4100 for it 3 years earlier!!!! Chalk one up for me!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What mods are needed?

Sure you can sell them... they are getting old so any sled from 2006 isn't going to fetch a lot of money regardless of brand. Try posting it on craigslist or in the swapmeet within the next few weeks and you'll have a good bet to get it sold. People who do enough research know exactly what it takes to make a 900 a good sled for cheap and aren't afraid of them since you get a lot of sled for the money. No matter what you do though, you're not going to get a lot for it.

Hey 94FordGuy, what mods do you think are necessary? Extra HD motor mounts and maybe an SLP can? What mods do you think are a must and what else might be a good idea? Thanks for the advice. Anyone else want to chime in? Tom

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
Hey 94FordGuy, what mods do you think are necessary? Extra HD motor mounts and maybe an SLP can? What mods do you think are a must and what else might be a good idea? Thanks for the advice. Anyone else want to chime in? Tom

I'm interested in this info to :face-icon-small-coo

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.

That's a loaded question, lol.... There's what you can do to make a 900 reliable, and then there's just adding parts for the heck of it to possibly chase performance 1 lb or 1 hp at a time.

For a complete answer to your question, I started a new thread since I got pretty in-depth with my response.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3392825#post3392825

Last edited:
Premium Features