• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris XLT tripple mod sled???

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Ishobie, My hat is off to you, your posts and videos have done a lot to help new as well as some old sledders stay interested. It's nice if someone has several grand to spend on a new sled but the simple truth is some don't have it to spend but still love to tinker and enjoy the sport, I for one applaud you. Keep up the good work. Pat

Hi Pat thanks for your comments they are much appreciated. I do these thigns for a few reasons, I need to figure things out and problem solve, if something is just in front of me and it works there is no challenge so what is the fun in that. Secondly, we don't have enough snow and I don't sled enough around here to justify a 15k snowmobile.

Then comes the thorn in my side part, sled warranty's, the fact that they are mostly all high priced junk no matter what the brand, the fact that we pay 3K more for a skidoo here in canada than in the USA even though a skidoo is produced about 3 hours from me. For the most part serious design and manufacture flaws are viewed by the manufacturers as "we've fixed that in our newest model" which leaves the owner of an older sled with a bill for thousands of dollars to fix known deficiencies - money that is probably no there and a season goes by while a sled gets fixed.

Sled design, new sleds are great, riding position and comfort is top notch now, a guy like me over 6 feet can actually drive a sled all day and be comfortable, but I believe sleds are over designed now and they don't fit the bill for what I do. Utility sleds now are too heavy, don't work in deep snow, cost too much, and the word "utility" is simply a title given to a product line to appease the consumer when a true utility sled does not exist.

Add all those factors (in my head) and the only solution is to build what I want, what will come close to meeting my needs, and something that adds a fun factor as well as saying "I made this myself".

Thanks for watching my vids!

Premium Features