• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front Grill Kit

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Hey guys. I'm just wondering who you think makes the best front grill kit. I've noticed snow all in around my clutch side panel and I think its causing belt slippage. Also, do anyone make some sort of gaurd to keep snow out from around the toe holds??
Thanks!

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
For the toe hold, the aftermarket screens for the pro rmk doesn’t fit to bad, in that area.

N
Jan 26, 2014
Just buy the factory skidoo vents. They have them in the parts and accessory catalogue. Kit for the front installs in seconds pretty much and you cant even tell that they’re there once installed. Cleanest looking vents you’ll find. Plus the kit comes with a vent cover for the intake hole on the inside of the air box for when it has to draw air from the engine bay

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Just buy the factory skidoo vents. They have them in the parts and accessory catalogue. Kit for the front installs in seconds pretty much and you cant even tell that they’re there once installed. Cleanest looking vents you’ll find. Plus the kit comes with a vent cover for the intake hole on the inside of the air box for when it has to draw air from the engine bay

I'd rather spend my money on a decent aftermarket company that's trying to make a buck. That's just me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
If you buy oem I heard the screens on the mxz rs were better than the summit version.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
There is a frog skin type material behind screen material. Basically keeps the fine dust out. I seen it on facebook but can’t post a picture on here it’s only on the 2018mxzx rs sno cross sled. You can look up the part numbers and see there different than the consumer models.

$38.00 for the both of them is the price I see in US dollars

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphq...=UzpfSTUxMDEzOTUzMjpWSzoxNDQxOTA2MzU5MjY2MDQ4

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Damed if you do damed if you don't

I found that belt heat is higher with them in so I run the bottom ones in and the top out for airflow.

I noticed a lot of slippage without them. I plan to install them, and make some vents for the side panel for added cooling.

The summits from 17 up should have came with them in my opinion. In deep snow the cab fills with snow, all the way out to the clutches. I know there are a lot of other issues going on there with the belt trouble, but this is just a terrible thing to add to the equation.

I'll also be blocking off the footwells too. I found a lot of snow got kicked into the clutch area from there.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
so then the 2019 or the 2018mxzx rs will have the better front sceen vents ?

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
I'm trying to determine what the difference is between the summit the Mxz and the Mxz rs race front grill vents .

I know my Summit only have that fine mesh and the twigs easily punch through it . I'm thinking the Mxz just have that like fly screen mesh ?

My real question is , do the 600 Mxz rs race sled front vents come with the fly screen and the fine mesh Sandwiched together ?

Has anyone tried them on their Summits ?

the part numbers are as follows

502 007 977 upper vent screen Summit
502 007 978 Belly pan screen Summit

508 000 957 upper hood screen Mxz
508 000 813 belly pan screen Mxz

508 000 959 upper hood screen 600 Mxz rs race
508 000 958 Belly pan screen 600 Mxz rs race

thanks

Premium Features