• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Nytro MT-X (153") front suspension help...PLEASE

M
Oct 31, 2010
Need help setting up the front (and rear as well i suppose) suspension. I am a small rider (5'9 and 150lbs all geared up) and I find the suspension horrible. Never been on a sled so tipsy and unstable. I just have the plain jane shocks on it for now but will be upgrading to floats or float 2's later in the season.

Any help would be much appreciated because its hairy to ride

Oh, and ill be doing half trail, half mountain this season

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I rode the front suspension with the shocks as stiff as they would go. The rear will bottom on the smallest of bumps, so stiffer torsion springs will help a lot with that. If you want to climb at all, you'll need to suck the limiter strap up as tight as it will go...otherwise it will trench pretty bad

C
Sep 8, 2009
I tried nearly evert thing Fox Shocks ,bushings changing ski stance same tippy and darty ride. I finally put a set of Simmons Gen 2 Skis on the machine and now I could eat a ham sandwich going 60 mph. The machine handles like on rails. The reason is the Gen 2's have dule carbides , this increases your ski stance to the outside two carbides instead of the center one on stock ski. Plus the dule carbides take the dart out of the ride. In deep powder the extra width helps keep the front up when playing in creek beds or ravines. Yes they are a few inches wider but you soon get used to it. Makes the front end ride smoother cause they flex over the bumps.

Premium Features