• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Conquer 280 vs powerclaw

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
I have a prolite with a conquer 280 2.8 lug track and I’m just wondering what everyone thinks of them compared to the powerclaw 3 inch lug? I have only rode it a couple times and didn’t feel like the conquer hooked up quite as well.

broz2006

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2014
Billings, MT
In my opinion the track hooks up just as good, and the brakes are way better with the 280, I really like mine and noticed more snap when I switched due to the less rotating mass

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I believe snow conditions play a big part in how it hooks up. So you will get different results and both maybe right. The PC is one of the best all a round tracks available.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Garbage IMO unless your running hard pack all the time. better than other tracks but no comparison to the 3" powerclaw. You would be a fool to believe anyone saying its better for mountain riding and deep snow conditions. Any kind of snow. absolutely not worth it.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I have a prolite with a conquer 280 2.8 lug track and I’m just wondering what everyone thinks of them compared to the powerclaw 3 inch lug? I have only rode it a couple times and didn’t feel like the conquer hooked up quite as well.

How many miles are on you track? They are completely different tracks once they start softening up. I hated mine at first but was happy with it after it got some miles. I wouldn't pull a 3" powerclaw off to install one but If I had the 280 I wouldn't go through the effort of swapping to the 3" either. There's a reason the new Alpha track looks like a combintation of the two tracks. There are benefits to each. Especially in your coastal washington snow the 280 should shine.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
How many miles are on you track? They are completely different tracks once they start softening up. I hated mine at first but was happy with it after it got some miles. I wouldn't pull a 3" powerclaw off to install one but If I had the 280 I wouldn't go through the effort of swapping to the 3" either. There's a reason the new Alpha track looks like a combintation of the two tracks. There are benefits to each. Especially in your coastal washington snow the 280 should shine.

I've heard that coastal excuse before and never been outdone with a PC of equal lug height in technical riding. There is a right and a wrong way to use a big track.

The 280 is a more like hacked down 3 PC not a alpha track.

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
well i just went to a conquer 280 on my yamaha because PC doesn't make anything longer then a 162. I've heard once you soften them up they are decent in the powder to.

L
Jun 7, 2013
Iowa
I have a 2016 M8000 se that I extended to a 162 with the 2.8 as soon as I got it. Overall it has been a good durable track that bites good if there is any sort of base underneath. In deep powder it does give up a little to a 17 mountain cat 162 I rode with but everything else seemed pretty even. It did get a little better after 400 miles or so but not a huge difference. On that note, I did find a Polaris 3" 162 used for $250 that I will test this year and hopefully works better in the deep so wish me luck. Heard a little good but a lot of bad on this track so see how it works lol

Last edited:
Premium Features