• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris pro &00 cylinder longevity ?

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
In the market for an 800 pro and will do the fix it if not done, but how good are the cylinders. Say the motor has fine compression, but enough miles to warrant a top end refresh, how likely will the cylinders have any issue?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
The cylinders are nikasil finished, in my experience and from reading, providing nothing. Has gone wrong it should last for a Very long time 6k miles+?

I have a 12 163 track pro with close to 4500 miles on it that's pretty original I put new Weisco forged Pistons in it every year and I service the clutches and put a new fuel filter every year at least and add oil to the fuel tank and the oil pump is turned up, original cylinders crank and block. It works for me but others are not so lucky.
My buddy had a 2011 assult that was constantly needing motor work and should have come from the factory Lemmon yellow instead of bright orange.
You will have to pay to play no doubt about that, think of it as gambling you can always make more money to waist latter on your habit latter.

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
It's a gamble, just trying to improve my odds. Not urgent to buy, but trying to get info.

New piston/rings no big deal. Bad cylinders are a little bigger deal, cost and downtime wise.

Premium Features