• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New King Cat roll over valve kits.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I have been receiving quite a few requests to build a ROV kit for the King Cat/Sidewinder. With that in mind, we have designed a ROV kit for the King Cat and Sidewinder that replaces the normally closed OEM check valve with a normally open system similar to our M7000/Viper ROV kits.
Just like our M7000 ROV kit, the King Cat ROV kit is a premium unit that features a Roll Over Valve Control Module (ROVCM) and the quick prime oil pump re-prime system!
I have more information at http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.webs.com/sidewinder-king-cat-rov-kits
and for installation photos here at http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=16102135

Attachments

• IMG_3310.jpg
    IMG_3310.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 41

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Is there a known issue with the ROV that come on these sleds? I have rolled mine a couple times and never had an issue?

I have heard of some of the stock ROV's freezing under extreme conditions.

The stock normally closed valve does work. However some guys were having trouble with the stock OEM unit freezing closed. Usually it happens when the sled sits outside overnight in below freezing weather. If it freezes closed and you start the engine, it can over pressurize the oil tank causing it to leak at oil tank halve seal. To repair the leak requires disassembling the oil tank and re-sealing it.

Not all sleds have the frozen closed valve concern and I suspect a large factor is environmental. Moisture condensation occurs naturally in the breather lines during normal operation. How much is there and whether it freezes or not depends on several factors including riding time cycles, mileage on the sled, ambient moisture content and ambient temperatures.

As a different option, our ROV kit uses a normally open valve which is in the venting position anytime that it's not being comanded closed. (ie. tether pulled, with the key on)
Because the valve is already open while sled is off and it doesn't have to change positions during a cold start, the breather system can start venting right away. This allows the warm air to flow from the oil tank un-restricted as soon as possible. Which in turn, thaws out any accumulated moisture in the breather line that may have frozen.

Premium Features