• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat Transmission Lube

C
Mar 13, 2008
Los Alamos, NM
I looked around for a little while and there are a lot of people using a lot of different stuff in their chaincases with no problem. No AC dealer is close by and I have at my disposal: ATF, Transmission Fluid (90w and synthetic), motor oil (20-50W), Delo 400, and lower unti Lube for an outboard.
04' MC 800, clutched for 9000+ 144 2'' track

What is most like what is specified in the manual as Arctic Cat Transmission Lube PN 0636-817?

F
Nov 29, 2007
Diamond Drive lube

Yea, I've done a little research and ordered some Amsoil synthetic marine gear lube. I chose the marine lube because it should resist the foaming action if moisture builds up in the diamond drive. Plus it's supposed to handle the higher pressures of the gears meshing...we'll see, honestly I think any of the oils mentioned would work but opted to give the Amsoil marine a try.
I'm gonna drain the diamond drive tonight and inspect the old oil. If it looks alright without metal in it, I'll just add the new oil. It only has about 700 miles since gearing it down and the drive was flushed at a dealer so we'll see.
I did notice a post by racinstation (dealer I believe out of Driggs, Idaho) he recommends hydraulic oil. Many different opinions but it all boils down to keeping oil in the drive unit. Good luck, I hope this helps.
Mark

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
I think hes talkin chaincase,not diamond drive.

I use good old 90w in my chaincases with no probs.I have used anything from shock oil to atf to anything else you can imangine in a chian case and have never had any probs.Even on watercraft tripples.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
i use this crazy oil from a mill into were i live, they use it in the high heat machines that have gears and/or chains i love the stuff, it keeps a nice oil film on the gears like you wouldn't believe. must be good they pay like 75$ for 4 litters of the stuff...

Premium Features