• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Floppy ski fix?

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
Ive got just short of 1500 on my sks 146, and ive definitely noticed the skis getting pretty darn floppy. I saw a few companies come out with some "fixes", any recommendations? Definitely had a few moments this year where im pretty sure they ski dove under the snow, instead of trying to ride up on it.

halffast800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2011
Hazel SD
Dura pro ski rubbers. Everything else seems to just cost money. No other result in my vast testing of such things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Hmm, are you guys going to haydays? If not i might see if anyone else might need one i know. Several guys run sleds with gripper skis.

If we go to Hay Days it would not be this coming year but next as our Laser Phantom Teth-Air is at a limited production stage and we won't have enough stock until then.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I've had zero issues with just adding a 1/16" thick piece of uhmw under the snubber. I've also had good luck with the Doo snubbers, but they fit extremely tight and eventually wallow out the holes in the skis. I've heard of some guys filling in the holes in the skis, below the snubbers, with silicone adhesive, but haven't tried myself. Would probably work well.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Ive run both the Dura-Pro rubbers as well as the SPI replacement ones show by Teth-Air.

The trimmed SPI rubbers fit TIGHT! They definately clean up slop and worked well for the few hundred miles vs stock. The only problem I had is they are so snug that it starts to flex the plastic in the ski where the bolt bushings go through it. This causes the ski to start to develop the slop in it since the snubber doesn't absorb anything.

The durapro's have been the best option I have found yet. They drop right in. I do wish they were a tiny bit tighter, but this keeps the ski from getting blown out. So such is life. I generally went through a set of stock rubbers ever 100 miles or less and carried extras with me in my sled. I have 1700 miles on a set of durapros and they are still rocking. I have only ever "stuffed" a ski 2x in nasty spring mush and they just pop right back in. Such a simple and nice upgrade to eliminate the junk stock rubbers.

https://www.zollingerracingproducts...ro-ski-dampener-polaris-axys-pro-ride-per-set

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I guess you all missed the Gulfi bumpers for the skis I took orders on last year way before there were others out there on the market.
-- there are options out there if you look around. but these have been ran,and tested for over 5 years.... and still rockin!!

Sadly, I will be getting in another 400 sets around 3rd quarter of 2018....That are already sold ...

It's all We run & sell here out of my shop been preforming well.

-No complaints from members that I sold them to on here last year--and that is saying a ton!!!!

View attachment 296308

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
There really are 2 conditions that must be considered. The first is is your ski rubber failing because you ride hard or is it failing because your ski is already worn with the bolt holes ovaled and the center hollow pressed and worn bigger than original.

The ski rubbers we sell work great to put life into a set of worn skis as they do fit tight and take up the slop.

Premium Features