• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axsys stiffer motor mounts

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Any one running the stiffer PTO side mounts in the softer Mag side? On the Axsys, I just put the stiffer ones in and I can't feel much difference ,except the motor doesn't move quite as much on the stand.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I would assume he is reffering to the Pro-RMK mounts. Same diameter just different molding with more rubber and higher durometer.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Yes from a pro, the pto side is the same as the Axsys but the mag side on a Axsys is really soft!

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I Just bought the torque stop, I'd hope that it helps with the engine mounts and help reduce their wear and failure.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I think the stiffer mount might be helpful, but ultimately without some sort of farily rigid limit the mounts are still going to sack out super fast. The SLP torque arm seems like one of the better options to help keep the motor inline. This way it should greatly reduce the twisting around the factory torque stopper arm that comes off the rear of the motor behind the primary.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I'm running a boost-it torque stop. Picked it up when they were closing up shop. Well see if it works this year.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Was comparing the Axys v.s. the Pro RMK torque arm- Axys has a more forgiving bushing built into the rear that allows it to twist a bit more than the pro...for what ever reason.....
After changing the Axys mounts and insanely easy it was.. gonna stick till there is a reasonable replacement.. to easy to just ignore.

Last edited:

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
It looks the same as the pro one. Not sure if It is different.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
It looks the same but the pro mounts are way harder rubber durometer, had it on the track stand and I can't tell any difference in vibration ,but I'm sure Polaris had there reasons? But they dont have boost!

Premium Features