• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New IGX suspension with boost

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I'm wondering if anyone has taken the plunge and boosted one of the new Switchback sleds that has the new IGX suspension.

I've got a 2018 Switchback Assault coming for this year and I'm seriously contemplating boosting it instead of my RMK, as wild as that sounds.

I'm sort of wondering what the net effect would be of trying to install some kind of suspension coupling device, sort of like like the Skinz ARC coupler.

Not sure if anyone even makes a coupler like that for this particular sled/suspension, but I thought maybe it'd be worth looking into .... I think something like that would be a really cool combination under boost.

Call me crazy, but maybe there's something there? :)

Coldestwinter1

Premium Member
Oct 8, 2014
New york
I'm wondering if anyone has taken the plunge and boosted one of the new Switchback sleds that has the new IGX suspension.

I've got a 2018 Switchback Assault coming for this year and I'm seriously contemplating boosting it instead of my RMK, as wild as that sounds.

I'm sort of wondering what the net effect would be of trying to install some kind of suspension coupling device, sort of like like the Skinz ARC coupler.

Not sure if anyone even makes a coupler like that for this particular sled/suspension, but I thought maybe it'd be worth looking into .... I think something like that would be a really cool combination under boost.

Call me crazy, but maybe there's something there? :)
Hey crazy I have a 17 sba with a Silber on it and it's a riot. Definitely not necessary but loads of fun with 3lbs at sea level it pretty much wheelies to 94mph I also have a SkS with boost and that's way more practical and useful. Not sure where you ride but it's kinda useless in 6' of fresh but a blast to ride off trail in lower elevation. No need for a coupler it's coupled already.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Hey crazy I have a 17 sba with a Silber on it and it's a riot. Definitely not necessary but loads of fun with 3lbs at sea level it pretty much wheelies to 94mph I also have a SkS with boost and that's way more practical and useful. Not sure where you ride but it's kinda useless in 6' of fresh but a blast to ride off trail in lower elevation. No need for a coupler it's coupled already.

As odd as it sounds, I mainly ride the Western Wyoming Mountains, so Wyoming Range and the CDST ....

I ordered the SBA because even as much snow as we had last winter, I thought maybe I'd have more fun on a short track? I was also planning on maybe doing some cross country races this coming season and the SBA seems like the perfect sled for that.

I just got a wild hair up my *** and was wondering what that sled would be like under boost.

Even with as much snow as we had out here last winter I felt like a 144" would have served me pretty well most days hahaha

Premium Features