• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sidekick??

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Now that it's been out for a few years how have the BD sidekicks been working? I've read a lot of positive stuff on them. I'm looking into getting one for my '16 axys this fall. Have they been fairly trouble free? I'm completely new to the turbo scene and can't hold off getting one any longer haha. Thing is I work a lot and when I get time off to go sledding I want to sled and not have trips ruined everytime I go. I don't mind wrenching or extra maintenance that comes along with it. Only looking for info on the sidekick.

L. Perry

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2015
Ran one all last year on a 17. Love it. Easy to install and once I got the clutching dialed in it was amazing. Only issue I had was with the bracket where the coils mount but it was an easy fix. You will love it.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
love mine. Only "issue" i had was i left the foam in the intakes on the hood. It seemed to run lean. Took those out and it was great

I had planned on messing with the clutching but it worked well as delivered.

Mine gets a little DET at WOT below 5kft. i put a gallon-ish of AV for a little safety factor for the pump gas.

Nooby

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2013
NE Nebraska
I have one sitting in the kitchen waiting to be installed. I have read every review and personal use post I could find.
Seems to be a plug and ride kit.
Looking forward to some turbo charged seasons ahead. My first turbo sled as well.
Good luck with your purchase.

Nooby

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Only problem I had with mine is I could never get it to run on straight pump gas without hitting the DET sensor. I had to run 2 gallons of race fuel with every tank then she ran great. Awsome kit just not sold on the pump gas gimmick.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
I put one in towards the end of the season. It has been plug and play. Install wasn't bad. Clutching - I want to play with, but it runs good with supplied clutching. I really like tight trees and I'm not sure I'm sold. the NA sled lifts the front quicker. The turbo sled takes a bit and then really goes, but I"m off and on the throttle so much that I have missed riding the NA sled at times. Now in a steep little climb, the turbo is awesome!!

Premium Features