• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Updated clutch setup, belt sitting high

M
Sep 17, 2012
Hi,
i installed/upgraded my 2012 800 xf clutches to the 2018 ones + the jackshaft.
i noticed the belt is sitting rather high in the secondary. Since this is a automatic belt tension system i can't do much about it seems.
can anyone with more knowledge then me give their opinion on what to do, or leave it alone.?
primary clutch: #0725-900
secondary: #0726-411
using the 111 belt

IMG_20190101_144856.jpg IMG_20190101_144901.jpg IMG_20190101_144913.jpg

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
That’s how it’s supposed to work. It gives you the lowest possible starting speed that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
I think it is going to be alright too...Let us know how the clutch update works for you...real interested in the update and if it is worth the price or not.

M
Sep 17, 2012
good to know.
I have had only one ride on it, with very little snow. So can't tell yet how it performs. But i do not like the low engagement. it got a 130/310 spring on in with slp 76 weights. it hooks up at 3300 rpm. I'm used to 3800 rpm. The engagement is very smooth, and might be good for sidehilling at slow speeds. giving more control. But for now i don't like it and will change out the spring to a 150/310 or 140/310. I like the more snappy feeling at higher rpm. They say the Suzuki engine can handle the low engagement, and it kinda does., but it feels a bit weak down low. but more testing needs to be done, in deep powder.

I also noticed it down shifts very slow ( if i understand the terminology right). it engine breaks down the trail. I'm used to coasting after letting go of the gas. very disturbing. but thats a matter of tuning i guess.

B
Dec 19, 2012
Leduc County, AB
good to know.
I have had only one ride on it, with very little snow. So can't tell yet how it performs. But i do not like the low engagement. it got a 130/310 spring on in with slp 76 weights. it hooks up at 3300 rpm. I'm used to 3800 rpm. The engagement is very smooth, and might be good for sidehilling at slow speeds. giving more control. But for now i don't like it and will change out the spring to a 150/310 or 140/310. I like the more snappy feeling at higher rpm. They say the Suzuki engine can handle the low engagement, and it kinda does., but it feels a bit weak down low. but more testing needs to be done, in deep powder.

I also noticed it down shifts very slow ( if i understand the terminology right). it engine breaks down the trail. I'm used to coasting after letting go of the gas. very disturbing. but thats a matter of tuning i guess.

From my understanding of clutching this is a good thing. A tell tale sign of a good clutching setup is going down a long hill and it will engine break and scream up to 6000ish rpm. Means your belt is riding high in your primary and wanting to stay engaged which will increase throttle response when you get back on it. If it wont engine break your belt is too loose.

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
I still feel this roller primary was my best update. Low and smooth engagement.
In reverse it’ll slip and squeal due to the belt riding high in the secondary. A tad annoying, but still a beauty primary.

Premium Features